So Jones is greater than DC, but scared to fight in the bigger weightclass DC is champ in?

Doesnt really make sense does it?
If he was that good
- he wouldnt be affraid to fight an actual heavyweight
- he wouldnt need to he steroided
- he is 10 years younger

All in all, Jones just has DC's number although unknown what would happen at HW without needles.
But Jones admission he is scared to fight a true hw means he admits he knows he cant compete at that level

Compare with Cormier a guy who will fight anyone, drug free, at age 40 and the current baddest SOB on the planet.

Unless Jones is willing to fight anyone at heavyweight, he is admitting he is not the GOAT. He is admitting he cant accomplish what DC is able to do in the higher weightclass. He will always be no.2 to DC
He will be the guy who ruled lhw on drugs, but couldnt make it in the upper weightclass.

I don't really care for this argument of who is better.
Obviously there's an argument for either guy, or else you wouldn't be pleading your case.

HOWEVER, the reason you put is asinine at best, or an ill intention lie at worse.

Because Jon hinted he would move up, and Dana was against it. So Jon settled back at LHW and didn't attempt to move after that.

So claiming he is "afraid" is a stupid argument to begin with.

What also needs to be considered is that DC has a speed advantage over most HWs that along with his high level makes him able to beat bigger guys. At LHW DC is bigger (thicker not taller or more ripped) and stronger than most which is how he wins. Jones at HW may or may not have the power to beat Reem or Hunt or Stipe but he likely has the speed and skill to beat DC.

Just because Rock can't beat Scissors and Paper beats Rock doesn't mean Paper beats Scissors.

Reem and Stipe - sure...

Hunto? Jones smokes him. Hunto is nowhere near fast enough to close in and Jones. I bet Jones could even take him down.

HW is pretty weak but even so is much more deep than current LHW. I mean LHW is so terrible where you have a journeyman MW like Anthony Smith is literally running through the division.
Because Bader and Davis are in Bellator. Looks much better with a solid gatekeeper level there BUT with that said, I do think Bader is performing the best he ever has in all aspects of his game, I think he'd earn a title shot in the UFC now.

Compare with Cormier a guy who will fight anyone, drug free, at age 40 and the current baddest SOB on the planet.

"drug free"... How believable you think it is that a 40 old fat guy can naturally be competitive vs 10 years younger roided prime Jones?

GSP didn't become GOAT contender by beating Bisping.
It's the same as Conor beating Eddie. The point stands regardless, GSP fought up against the champ, Jon refuses to test himself outside his class even against a journeyman.

I'm guessing no one here watched the UFC 232 presser at New York.

Jon said he didn't want to fight DC at Heavyweight because that would give DC an advantage.

edited for proof from Jones himself

edited again: fair enough he'd said he'd fight him again... except that "all the cards would be in (DC's) favour."

Last edited:
The craziest thing is DC is a fat fuck even at lwh dude could probaly make middle weight if he was actualy lean

MMA fans
- Rematching Gus, he's scared to go up
- Going up, he's scared to rematch Gus

Jones is not built for Heavyweight.

He was on course to be a Heavyweight, and said it would happen, but this was when he thought he could juice forever.

You don't have to fight at HW to be the GOAT. Which is why i.e. GSP and Anderson are in the mix. You can say that Jones could easily fight at hw, but he's never done so, and he hasn't ever been close to missing weight at 205. So he's a lhw by definition. DC isn't. He's fought at HW before, and he's actually cutting more than Jones to make lhw. He's simply built differently.

Basically, there's no reason for Jones to become a hw to be considered the GOAT.

GSP and Anderson also have wins in multiple weightclasses.

Nobody who's been busted for steroids as much as Jones can be in GOAT talks. All his wins are removed.

He's not "scared" imo. That's stupid. I can see why he doesn't want to though.

That said, I'd like to see them in an open weight fight. Both guys just come in at whatever weight you think gives you the optimal chance to win. I want to see if it makes a difference from how the first 2 fights went. I'd still favor Jones, but doing a third fight where DC can not cut to 205 makes it way more compelling to me.

Now go idolize your cheating drug abuser, LOL
The idiocy of people like you who follow blindly cheats and Druggies

Go eat a dick b!tch and read the sig son, drugs ain't got sh!t to do with fight IQ, style, or heart. If and when they do I might consider use of them too.

<SelenaWow> I would expect better from a dinosaur account, this is the best you can do for a I hate Jon thread? I've seen baby dates just joined 2day come with better threads than this played out Jon's afraid to fight HW with all them athletic fast & fit HW's because all fight fanz know that division is stocked with extreme talent and skill God forbid if he should ever face a Black Beast nothing but trouble for Jones.

Not surprised Jon ducks HW, he doesnt even have enough co fidemce in himself to fight clean at his own weight class, and ducks mw's like Sonnen on a full training camp.

The issue is:
He is a convicted drug cheat, so needs to stfu not still taunt DC and act like he is all that.
Its like if the olympic gold medalist in wrestling is stripped of his gold for steroids but then still taunts the silver medalist.
The guy would be called out or beatdown quick. Same applies.

If he admits he cant compete in the division his rival is dominant in, then he admits he is not as good a fighter.
Especially as he is frigging 6"4, lets not pretend he or Gus could not make heavy without much difficulty.

Also, you are a 2007 account so why the juvenile name calling at the other poster still at your age?

Hopefully as the Iron Sheik would say, 'Gustafson breaks Jons back, fucks his ass and makes him humble'.

The craziest thing is DC is a fat fuck even at lwh dude could probaly make middle weight if he was actualy lean

There is no way DC could make MW.

Where do you get that Bones is scared to fight DC at HW?
Nowhere in the OP does TS claim that.
But the fact that he really wants to fight at HW now that DC has the belt, but never wanted to challenge any other HW champ suggests he didn't want any part of the weight class until recently to face DC or Brawk.

Doesnt really make sense does it?
If he was that good
- he wouldnt be affraid to fight an actual heavyweight
- he wouldnt need to he steroided
- he is 10 years younger

All in all, Jones just has DC's number although unknown what would happen at HW without needles.
But Jones admission he is scared to fight a true hw means he admits he knows he cant compete at that level

Unless Jones is willing to fight anyone at heavyweight, he is admitting he is not the GOAT. He is admitting he cant accomplish what DC is able to do in the higher weightclass. He will always be no.2 to DC
He will be the guy who ruled lhw on drugs, but couldnt make it in the upper weightclass.

One thing weve learned from Sherdog

Jones is afraid of EVERYONE he smashes, everyone. Its crazy he has to be the most "scared" cage fighter on the planet.

I know this is just a vapid hate thread but a couple things to consider.

-Jones was 217lbs when he beat the life of of Shogun for gold.

-Hes challenged Stipe when Werdum pulled out.

-He challenged Brock for a pay day

- HWs in his camp & fighters like Schuab and DC said he can beat any HW (he beat the brakes off DC twice)

-Hes been suspended like 5 times in 5 years. When would have taken on HWs in his career?

Back