So jacare vs gastelum, your thoughts?

Voltron

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I like this fight who ever wins deserves a title fight
Jacare has been a top guy for ever it seems.
Gastelum has all the tools and potential to be a champ (as long as tacos don’t come up on his path)
I think gastelum takes it by TKO in the late rounds.
Great fight!

Weidman ran away from Jacare

(Weidman fan btw...)

First thing I thought was "Chris Weidman is seriously ducking, and hoping for a short notice title fight replacement." LOL

Jacare cannot catch a break. Seems like they want him lose so he doesn't get a title eliminator.

Gastelum has all the tools and potential to be a champ (as long as tacos don’t come up on his path)
Great fight!
Jacare by sub 2nd rnd

I hope Gastelum will lose since it's Jacare's time to shine.

Jacare did great vs Romero (could have won) around the same time when Gastelum lost to Magny.

I feel like he deserves it more at this time, and Gastelum is still young.

I hope Gastelum will lose since it's Jacare's time to shine.

Jacare did great vs Romero (could have won) around the same time when Gastelum lost to Magny.

I feel like he deserves it more at this time, and Gastelum is still young.
Exactly. Gastelum is taking out contenders in a weight class he has no intention of staying in.
Every time he wins a MW fight, he talks about fighting at WW again.

tr2qGqN.jpg

Great fight!

The end of gastelums unlikely MW journey IMO..was a good run though..he should start planning his diet for WW now..wheres mike dolce these days?

Weidman ran away from Jacare

(Weidman fan btw...)
Weidman, 33, is far from done with MMA, though. He needed surgery to reconstruct a ligament in his thumb after injuring it in his third-round submission win over Kelvin Gastelum at UFC on FOX 25 in July and is unsure when he’ll be back. Right now, Weidman said he’s looking at early summer, but no doctor has given him an official timeframe.​

source.

and in case you didn't notice, UFC224 is before "early summer".

i'm not a fan of Weidman, btw (don't hate him either). but as a fan, you shouldn't have to be told.

Great fight!
The taco joke is more relevant at WW. I think the reason he's fighting monsters that are a full weight class above him is so that he CAN eat whatever he wants. Also, he's going to have trouble beating the top 4 or 5 guys MW.

Scary fight for Souza. I thought he was going to take out bobby knuckles, but within the first 2 minutes, I knew he was going to lose. I have the same feeling here. If Gast can start to find his range, it could be a bad night. On paper though and for 85k house betting, I have to go with Souza. I want him to be champ.

I want Jacare to win. I don’t know if he will.

I think Jacare gets hurt on the feet in the first and goes for takedowns the rest of the fight.

Back