So is weed banned in the UFC or not?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Cynthia Calvillo tests positive for weed and gets a suspension, but Nate Diaz lights up a blunt on live TV at a UFC event and Sean O'Malley uploads vids of him smoking the reefer on Instagram and talks openly about it on The MMA Hour.
{<huh}

Am I missing something?

I'm too high to answer right now.

if you test positive x amount of days before a fight during in camp testing. its not allowed. if your not fighting like diaz and smoking, your fine.

Only illegal if you get caught

It's illegal in competition to my knowledge. The threshold was also raised to benefit partakers

Banned... But should it be... Diaz brothers might have had Hall of Fame careers.

Even if they were trying to crack down that much on marijuana (which they aren't) that would never hold up. There is no proof of what he was actually smoking.

UFC could care less. It’s the athletic commissions. They’ve raised the amount it takes to fail a test. But if your over that then it’s illegal during competition.

How come Diaz got popped so often? But Sugar Seans instagram appears he smokes until the day of the fight and after but no flags??

it is illegal

UFC fighters that make up 50% of posters on this forum: send me all your weed so i can get destroy it properly

You can't have a certain amount of weed in your system pre or post fight. The allowance is pretty generous now. Other than that, it's considered recreational.

Not while watching it. It's the only reason I'm not on the UFC roster.
1512566788664.jpg

tenor-24.gif Your favorite fighter, and your favorite fighters favorite fighter....is a toker

You’re allowed to have a certain amount of nanograms in your system come fight day.

So you can have some weed
in your system, but not too much.

Source:

They banned my favourite one dimensional fighter Matt Riddle, he was an up and coming GOAT

You can't have a certain amount in your system on fight day. According to Dana, the threshold is extremely forgiving and you should be fine as long as you quit within the week, but I believe Gastelum stated that he failed even though he stopped smoking a lot earlier.

Last edited:
Illegal some days before fight (when the effects might still be hitting)

Which is extremely dumb; you could go high to train and get a big unfortunately hit on the head and still could be as damaging as a hit during a fight; specially if you're high.

Back