So is the UFC just going to let Anderson Silva go to waste?

What do you want them to do with him? He can't hang with a true Top 10 MW, and his salary doesn't warrant just giving him patties. It's kinda embarrassing.

Name like 3 opponents that even begin to make sense and won't get him brain damaged.

Lol he hung with the current mw champ...I mean what are you basing your statement after? Who outside of weidman has he not hung with? He hung with Dc on three days notice well probably in his worst shape. All dc did was dry hump him... I'm saying old Anderson can still put things together he may not be the same but the fans still enjoy watching him fight so give him some fights.

Lets see what comes out of this situation, but his last interview on the mma hour he said he would retire if he didnt get what he was asking. Nothing changed since then...

Sad that AS of all people might walk into oblivion without a proper goodbye.

UFC has no hespect

I guess it's fair enough for him to walk away, he is 42 years old and doesn't need to prove himself anymore, already cemented his legacy as one of the best of all time. He has nothing left to prove, so I can understand his right to make demands.

It would be sad yeah, but even if this is the end of course the sport will still remember him for what he was in his prime. And I can't see the UFC overlooking Anderson as far as HOF contention is concerned so he will get his hespect I'm sure.

Saved multiple times? How? By agreeing to fight huge mismatch in Bonnar? Give me a break.

I wouldn't say he 'saved' the UFC no, but he was a huge part of the backbone of their draw during his prime era. Also Bonnar stepping in and Anderson agreeing that fight did save the event as otherwise it would've been ruined. People still got to see Anderson fight, they really didn't give a fuck who he was fighting.

Saved multiple times? How? By agreeing to fight huge mismatch in Bonnar? Give me a break.
And when was this promise by UFC?

Against Anderson?

Dana promised to "make it up to the fans" for UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi...still hasn't done it yet. Maybe that will happen at the same time PVZ shaves her head for a kids cancer charity.

Lol he hung with the current mw champ...I mean what are you basing your statement after? Who outside of weidman has he not hung with? He hung with Dc on three days notice well probably in his worst shape. All dc did was dry hump him... I'm saying old Anderson can still put things together he may not be the same but the fans still enjoy watching him fight so give him some fights.

The Silva of today... right now. Not the past. Not even just last year.

Don't blame the UFC, Silva turned down the guys that were offered to him. Wasn't he going to fight Gastelum? why is Weidman getting that fight now?

Don't blame the UFC, Silva turned down the guys that were offered to him. Wasn't he going to fight Gastelum? why is Weidman getting that fight now?

He was supposed to but Gastelum got busted for weed and then they never went after that fight again. Which doesn't make sense to me

Meh. AS hasn't interested me ever since he got popped and then actually thought it was a good idea to convince the world he was merely impotent instead. Seriously, AS??? SERIOUSLY??? :rolleyes:

And then after that he became yet another decisionator. I honestly don't even understand why he's still bothering. Midlife crisis I guess.

I think he might be fighting Uriah Hall next.

I hate the fans of this sport. It's the one major drawback of following the UFC.

Anyone arguing against Silva getting a couple fun retirement fights can go to YouTube and watch Conor highlights instead.

He's waiting for Lee Murray to break out of prison for a rematch.

Back