So is Franics really the hardest puncher of all time?

Stipe whooped his ass that is the stat I care about, casual hype train batter up, casual hype train outta there

Now that the hype is dead, do you think the whole punch machine numbers mean shit? Do you think he is really the hardest puncher in HW history like Dana and Rogan were saying? I dunno, does he hit harder than someone like Hunt, Derrick Lewis or hell, Shane Carwin? He definitely punches hard but hardest of all time? I don't think so, especially the proof being a fucking machine.

The hype is dead for those who get fooled in the first place. Lots of people knew Stipe would be a nightmare for N'Gannou. Francis is not that old, still has some fights left and, if he really wants, can improve his skills (especially the TD defense and the ground). The cardio will be very difficult to completly change but he can improve it big time.

To answer your question, I think he hits hard but the UFC went way too hard on the punching power thing.

It doesn't matter how hard you punch if you can't hit your target

Pretty much, I mean I think Francis is a level up from someone like Carwin in striking ability(although I could well see Carwin beating him up on the ground) but still this match made it very obvious he's lacking in technique compared to the best names.

Honestly I suspect Ngannou was one of those freaky situations like Soko where lighting doesn't strike once but twice back to back, that makes it a hell of a lot easier to buy into the hype when you don't have much else to go on.

Considering how Stipe hunted every other fighter I'd say Ngannou probably is. Ngannou made stipe become gsp.

Hunt and Carwin also failed to impress when gassed. We're talking about two different things here. Power is not stamina.

Back