So is Franics really the hardest puncher of all time?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Now that the hype is dead, do you think the whole punch machine numbers mean shit? Do you think he is really the hardest puncher in HW history like Dana and Rogan were saying? I dunno, does he hit harder than someone like Hunt, Derrick Lewis or hell, Shane Carwin? He definitely punches hard but hardest of all time? I don't think so, especially the proof being a fucking machine.

That kind of shit cant be measured. He punches hard even for a HW,thats all that anyone needs to know.

I guess so thats why Stipe fought that boring and safe after punched a few times

top 5 at least, hard to know who really can punch harder but i think it's between him, Hunt, JDS and Carwin

No Mike Tyson or George Foreman. Those guys had scary power.

I'd like to see Shane Carwin hit that thing.

For as shit as he looked in the Stipe fight
He probably is the hardest puncher

It just means dick if you can't land

He's the hardest puncher who's hit the machine at the Performance Institute.

They said Tyrone Sponge is 2nd.

Ive not heard of any other heavyweights having a go.

No Mike Tyson or George Foreman. Those guys had scary power.
I think TS meant solely in MMA...maybe I'm wrong

If he's talking boxing, I can just about guarantee that even without any proof that he isn't even among the top 100 punchers in terms of power compared to boxers throughout history

Hell beterbiev is a light heavy and probably punches harder....the guy landed a knockout punch measured at nearly a thousand PSI against a moving opponent

He's a ferocious puncher. Who cares about the computer thing.

Hunt, Carwin, Francis sure hit hard even for HWs.

Then again I would most likely want to have precision, timing, speed and just a tad of power will get the job done.

For example how did that extra power helped Carwin vs JDS for example the clear better boxer did work on him so the extra pop if he landed counted for nothing.

So conclusion I will pick JDS/Stipe then the other 3 names for effectiveness.

For as shit as he looked in the Stipe fight
He probably is the hardest puncher

It just means dick if you can't land

Also means dick if you can only swing 30 times.

Why train for extra power when just about every HW has one shot KO power. Rather have more chances than 30 swings over a 5 round fight to land that one shot power.

There are several things more important than pure power in finishing someone with strikes so it doesn't really matter.

It does feel kind of pseudo scientific the way they are measuring them and that sports show where Bas did a similar thing years ago was criticized for being too inaccurate.

Also means dick if you can only swing 30 times.

Why train for extra power when just about every HW has one shot KO power. Rather have more chances than 30 swings over a 5 round fight to land that one shot power.

Don't preach to me bro I was very vocal for weeks on Stipe pushing his shit in

The cucks on here LAPPED it up and made Stipe an underdog
I love it

I bet Julian Jackson in his prime could top him and he only weighs like 170

When they had the athletes summit, Tyson Pedro had the hardest punch on that machine. I remember that pretty clearly.

If anyone's had a go on these things, the results can vary hugely from one punch to the next (from the same person). I wonder if Francis has just had more goes at it than others considering he trains at the PI. Take Hunt for example, has he even punched it?

Anyway, it's a pointless, unsubstantiated record.

idk, Overeem didn't hit Stipe nearly as much as Ngannou but he managed to drop him.

He's the hardest puncher who's hit the machine at the Performance Institute.

They said Tyrone Sponge is 2nd.

Ive not heard of any other heavyweights having a go.

So far they have mentioned Francis, Spong, Cyborg and Gaethje as people who have hit it.

In MMA it's definitely possible, but this kind of question is pointless since it's not just about brute power. For all we know Bob Sapp would have the hardest punch if he was allowed to get into the right stance and just blast the PI machine full force.

Back