So I'm not a big fan of Rome replacing Goldie....

I seriously dont know who jim rome is and i have watched mma for 8 years

Cuz he's not a MMA guy at all. In fact I think he used to trash it constantly. Awful choice if true.

#anyonebutgoldie

Dude Goldie sucks. He's sucked from the start. I actual dont even think he likes MMA. Dude fell into a job with a good steady paycheck and made the most of it, it's time to go

#GUERNICAbless
This actually does seem like the case. Wouldn't be surprised if he hates mma, it would explain why he hasn't learned anything about it in all this time

Transitional phase. By 2018 your presenters will be Rupaul and Perez Hilton.

WME bless

Jim Rome isn't afraid to ask the hard questions, factor in weight cutting, fighters being amped to compete and Romies ability to trigger people and I'm thinking sooner or later he will piss off some fighter and get physically or verbally assaulted like a boss. Jim Rome will add more of an entertainment factor to the UFC from a commentating job that folks here are willing to give him credit for. Jim Rome is a genuine asshole that has always been willing to stir the pot, can't wait to see who he triggers first.

First the Gladiator, now Goldie. Not gonna lie - I'll miss Goldie.

I can't see Rome doing play by play. He seems like he'd fit more as a 3rd man in the booth color guy. "Witty" commentary and takes and stuff like that. The new owners are going to want a play by play man with experience calling mainstream pro sports (football/basketball). Probably not a guy from the world of MMA.

Kellerman and Rome would both be horrible choices.....Kellerman does a decent job on First Take and Sports Nation (when he was there,) but if you watch, he's a knowledgeable Boxing guy, but he severely lacks in MMA knowledge....I would go on to guess that he doesn't know the names for most submissions. Jim Rome has never done play by play at all, just sports talk shows for the most part.....most people hate on him....but in actuality you best fit replacement is most likely this guy:

Mauro_Ranallo_bio--cf41d17b53399a9228ec159c9d8b20e0.jpg

Obviously it would never happen in a million years, but I'd fucking LOVE Mike Schievello to get the job. He's the most entertaining commentator in sports by a long long way.

Back