So I'm not a big fan of Rome replacing Goldie....

BamBamBranham

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm not a Jim Rome hater however I think if they want to replace Goldie they could've found a better replacement... I like the idea of Max Kellerman commentating with Rogan... He got his start doing boxing, then espn gave him a couple of his own shows.... I don't know his thoughts on mma... But I think it would be good for the sport if a boxing commentator jumped ship and got into mma commentating... A lot if you will laugh at the idea of this... Put I truly think Rogan and Kellerman together would have been gold!

I don't care for Rome. He's an ass hole from what I've seen thus far. Maybe he'll do good well just have to wait and see.

romeeverret.jpg

#anyonebutgoldie

Dude Goldie sucks. He's sucked from the start. I actual dont even think he likes MMA. Dude fell into a job with a good steady paycheck and made the most of it, it's time to go

#GUERNICAbless

I'm not saying Goldie shouldn't be replaced.... I'm just saying he shouldn't be replaced by Jim Rome....

Dumb move trying to replace the original team. The owners will pay for it, imo. You don't mess with a winning combination. I could understand adding a fighter between Rogan and Goldie, but now you're just fucking shit up.

Rome replacing Goldie would be horrible.

It would be as dumb as when MNF brought in Dennis Miller -- Rome is a bad color commentator with no mma experience, wtf could he possibly bring?

#anyonebutgoldie

Dude Goldie sucks. He's sucked from the start. I actual dont even think he likes MMA. Dude fell into a job with a good steady paycheck and made the most of it, it's time to go

#GUERNICAbless

The fkn irony of you of all people saying someone sucks

<3>

Dumb move trying to replace the original team. The owners will pay for it, imo. You don't mess with a winning combination. I could understand adding a fighter between Rogan and Goldie, but now you're just fucking shit up.
I don't totally disagree but I think Rogan was making up for Goldie's lack of smarts and passion for mma

Jim Rome = giant douchebag
How is it that these knobs get jobs in sports ..(skip bayless, etc) Just say crazy shit whether qualified or not.

What has he done to deserve shot at this job. He is the C M Punk of commentators.

#anyonebutgoldie

#GUERNICAbless
You're done. Your schtick is played out and you're boring. I put up with your garbage, but shitting on Goldie?
Fuck off.

I seriously dont know who jim rome is and i have watched mma for 8 years

Dont know who rome is,but its bizarre that they let goldie go now but his replacement wont come in till july at the earliest

For a split second I read Romero replaces Goldie. I thought it was epic.

Rizin commentator : It's over ! [...] Just like that !

Goldie bless.

I'm not a Jim Rome hater however I think if they want to replace Goldie they could've found a better replacement... I like the idea of Max Kellerman commentating with Rogan... He got his start doing boxing, then espn gave him a couple of his own shows.... I don't know his thoughts on mma... But I think it would be good for the sport if a boxing commentator jumped ship and got into mma commentating... A lot if you will laugh at the idea of this... Put I truly think Rogan and Kellerman together would have been gold!

Kellerman is actually a good shout. But doesn't he do post fight interviews and 'holds court' when two Boxers do that sitting across the table thingy?

Rome has never done commentary, yes? I imagine he's a big name in the States and it's just having his name attached to the UFC, being a mainstream media person (?) that after an event does his radio show and gives the UFC/MMA more exposure.

It's probably bollocks what I wrote about Rome - but the UFC have such a hard on for level pegging with the other sports in the US. The company has only being around for 23 years.

From what ive seen, Goldie shows up high off his ass sometimes and completely makes the commentary a comedy show. Which I like, but I can see why the new owners want to appear more professional.

Back