So, if Penn gets a win over #10 Rodriguez, what does that mean? Where could he go from there?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Penn is obviously a retired fighter, but the skills are there and he´s still young. What has always been his achilles heel wasn´t the skills but the physical part.

Dude has awesome BJJ skills:
tumblr_m5qwiy4JCv1ry1rm7o1_r1_400.gif
tumblr_mplhmwwDv51ry1rm7o1_400.gif

And a very good boxing:
penn_hughesptkg.gif

Yair is the kind of fighter that likes to throw flashy kicks and leaves himself open for counters.... Penn is very good with his counters.

So...

Does anybody believe in Penn?? Are we gonna see sth similar to this????

ortiz-bader3.gif
V02i81x9iapSoBo58KaBw0QjqhI2IFxHjBgMoFDZrZY.gif

It would be so much better than Tito's win over Bader.

People like BJ.

I think if he wins by stoppage, the UFC MAY set up a title fight with him and Max in Hawaii, and move Aldo up to LW w Conor.

If he wins he climbs up the latter..

if he loses he retires..

Another title run if he wins.

Crying, 2 year hiatus, domestic violence charges then another come back if he loses.

i have a bad feeling this is goin to be me

aldo.gif

He should still go right back home to retirement even if he wins, no matter how impressively.

I love BJ (ginasmile) but he's still many years past his prime and I hate seeing him lose, especially to guys he would've so easily crushed when he was at his best.

Winning would really boost his confidence (motivated BJ!) but his body is simply incapable of staying up there with the best. He'll just end up getting badly mauled by somebody again, somebody who isn't even on his level when he was in his prime (not saying Edgar wasn't on his level). He still has the heart and determination obviously but when you're this far out of your prime, things are just going to end badly for you no matter what.

I hope he wins because again, I hate seeing him lose and I want him to retire on a win, but I'm very worried he's going to get his ass beat. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Yair KO'd him with one of those crazy kicks. BJ's chin is insane but a head kick can take anybody out l, especially one you don't see coming and when you're this far out of your prime.

I hope BK doesn't become a stepping stone like so many other great legends before him.

He should still go right back home to retirement even if he wins, no matter how impressively.

I love BJ (ginasmile) but he's still many years past his prime and I hate seeing him lose, especially to guys he would've so easily crushed when he was at his best.

Winning would really boost his confidence (motivated BJ!) but his body is simply incapable of staying up there with the best. He'll just end up getting badly mauled by somebody again, somebody who isn't even on his level when he was in his prime (not saying Edgar wasn't on his level). He still has the heart and determination obviously but when you're this far out of your prime, things are just going to end badly for you no matter what.

I hope he wins because again, I hate seeing him lose and I want him to retire on a win, but I'm very worried he's going to get his ass beat. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Yair KO'd him with one of those crazy kicks. BJ's chin is insane but a head kick can take anybody out l, especially one you don't see coming and when you're this far out of your prime.

I hope BK doesn't become a stepping stone like so many other great legends before him.
Good post there, m8.

He wont win probably but if he does i wouldn't be surprised to see him fast tracked to a title shot. Aside from max theres nobody at fw to fight for the belt.

I hope to see him win, more for redemption than for an actual run. I hated to see him go out like he did.

BJ has a good chance of subbing him honesty. True mma fans know this...

If successful against Yair, I'd like to see Penn vs Choi.

it means a lot of uneducated newbie fans will need to re assess. while their heads implode

I feel the same way.

If we wins and does so in dynamic fashion, youre gonna see a shit ton of threads in here the next day about setups between him and a champion or conor.

If B.J. wins he will another top ranked fighter and if he wins that one ... a title shot or a super-fight with Conor and the PPV will do huge numbers. But that is dependent on B.J. getting two solid wins.

B.J. should have pushed to get the Denis Siver match set back up. Siver was his original opponent but the fight got canceled.

Routing for B.J.

Back