So if not Woodley, who would the UFC like to see Nate fight!?

Well I didn't know cause it sounds like you want to watch boxing but your all over MMA forums complain about people not wanting to fight boxing..

No, I'm just not a fan of lay and pray.

If he's going to fight in MMA give him an opponent that's a good stylistic match up. Otherwise save us the 15 minutes of lay and pray from someone who's just looking to add him to their resume.

No, I'm just not a fan of lay and pray.

If he's going to fight in MMA give him an opponent that's a good stylistic match up. Otherwise save us the 15 minutes of lay and pray from someone who's just looking to add him to their resume.

What is a good style match up in MMA? A good style in MMA is opposites.. Two wrestlers are not idea.. Unless you wanna see who is the best wrestler, but usually thats going to come down to strikes...

Two boxers could be but then your watching boxers... And even then it usually ends on the ground if not by KO.. Diaz Vs Mcgregor 1st fight..

Ideal is opposites it forces your opponent to scramble instead of getting in safe spots..

MMA is essentially putting opposites in the ring.. But your kind of going I don't want that.. Then you don't really want MMA.. Its weird to me.

If you're the UFC, who would you prefer to see Nate fight?

In a time where everyone says the UFC lacks in star fighters, why would they not give Nate the kind of fight his starpower could generate the most viewers from?

Surely the Woodley fight is the biggest fight for Diaz out there!? Or am I missing something? (don't give me a long talk about ranking, we know they don't mean nothing)
even talking about this fight is nonsense.

he is 0-2-1 in his last 3 fights (2 losses and 1 NC).
Why the hell does he deserve a title shot?

What is a good style match up in MMA? A good style in MMA is opposites.. Two wrestlers are not idea.. Unless you wanna see who is the best wrestler, but usually thats going to come down to strikes...

Two boxers could be but then your watching boxers... And even then it usually ends on the ground if not by KO.. Diaz Vs Mcgregor 1st fight..

Ideal is opposites it forces your opponent to scramble instead of getting in safe spots..

MMA is essentially putting opposites in the ring.. But your kind of going I don't want that.. Then you don't really want MMA.. Its weird to me.

It's really simple.

I want to see a real fight where they're looking for the finish not someone avoiding the fight. Especially when fighters are later in their careers, it's pointless to give Nate a good wrestler because we already know what will happen. How about making fights that are actually going to be entertaining.

You didn't even know who Kevin Lee was, don't tell me about MMA n00b.

It's really simple.

I want to see a real fight where they're looking for the finish not someone avoiding the fight. Especially when fighters are later in their careers, it's pointless to give Nate a good wrestler because we already know what will happen. How about making fights that are actually going to be entertaining.

You didn't even know who Kevin Lee was, don't tell me about MMA n00b.

Yeah I watched him.. I watched him lose..

What you are explaining is you dont want to see a Woodley fight.. A good wrestler like Khabib murders that fool...

He whatever though big hommie don't tell me u wanna watch boxing in MMA.. that still makes me smile

But I didn't know who Francis was till AFTER he beat Overreem.. Then I told everyone Stipe would beat him easily.. Sorry I don't tend to care about hype.. Just not my thing.

Not sure the UFC wants to jeopardize Nate vs Conor III.

Honestly, for all the talk, Nate represents perhaps the best chance to get Conor back in the Octogan. While it doesn't make sense in terms of rankings, or merit... it does in terms of entertainment dollars... when it comes to Conor, it is not about the belt, it is entirely about the money.

If you kill off Nate's hype by putting him against Woodley, in what would be a mismatch (Nate is NOT a Welterweight), then you damage one of your best bargaining chips in getting Conor back in an MMA ring... and right now, that has to be the #1 priority for UFC management...

Nate had good name value before the Conor fights, but those made him only temporarily big because of how they went and who he was facing.

If they give him a regular draw it won't create big numbers.

If they treat him as a standard contender at LW or WW (he belongs at LW), he's already shown he's not a top-tier contender, but a solid top 10 LW.

So the problem with him is lack of options.

Conor and Woodley, of course, make for the biggest fights available, and he can beat Conor again, but hanging your hat on 1-2 title fights you're in no position to get means he'd just have to find a way to beat top LW's.

If he doesn't he's just another semi-big name who's not quite big enough to get the royal treatment. Hence he sits on the sidelines and waits for such a call.

Woodley vs. RDA, Nate vs. Alvarez. Seems so, so simple, but alas, this is WME era UFC, and anarchy rules.
And if booked on the same card Woodley & Nate would make the same ppv points money as if they fought each other.

Seems like many of the top 10 is already booked at LW. I'd like to see him fight Michael Chiesa. Not the biggest name out there but I'd like to see him get a favorable matchup. Don't think he'll have much success against today's top 5 except for Conor.

Seems like many of the top 10 is already booked at LW. I'd like to see him fight Michael Chiesa. Not the biggest name out there but I'd like to see him get a favorable matchup. Don't think he'll have much success against today's top 5 except for Conor.
Chiesa vs Pettis at UFC 223

Logical matchups ranking wise like he used to...but hard to go back to business as usual after a relatively obscene pay day. We’re seeing it with Conor right now.

Is this true? What metric are you drawing this from?

Got me, I don't know. I think GSP has a bigger following but do we still count him as active? I know he just fight, but seems likely that was the last time.

I checked different fighters facebook followings...

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.18.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.15.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.17.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.15.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.15.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.17.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.16.33 PM.png

Back