So if Mousasi > Hall doesn't that mean Bisping > Rockhold?

But the argument for who's "better" isn't usually about a comparison of fighter's careers as a whole, it's usually about "who would win if this guy and that guy fight".
And that would be rockhold 9/10 times bro. don't you know how probability works?

But the argument for who's "better" isn't usually about a comparison of fighter's careers as a whole, it's usually about "who would win if this guy and that guy fight".

no its usually both. Especially if they fought twice and each has a win over the other and especially when one guy has much higher accomplishments. If you examine both of their careers and the total amount of time they both fought eachother, its pretty obvious Mousasi is better. You can do the same with GSP vs Matt Serra and see that GSP is a much better fighter and still lost to Matt once. These guys are throwing haymakers and powerful kicks. Random shit lands sometimes. see my example of the insurgent headshotting a navy seal by blind firing.

no its usually both. Especially if they fought twice and each has a win over the other and especially when one guy has much higher accomplishments. If you examine both of their careers and the total amount of time they both fought eachother, its pretty obvious Mousasi is better. You can do the same with GSP vs Matt Serra and see that GSP is a much better fighter and still lost to Matt once. These guys are throwing haymakers and powerful kicks. Random shit lands sometimes. see my example of the insurgent headshotting a navy seal by blind firing.

While fighters are still active, people do the "Who would win?" comparison. When fighters aren't active anymore people usually compare careers.

While fighters are still active, people do the "Who would win?" comparison. When fighters aren't active anymore people usually compare careers.

Both fighters are active. Mousasi was and is better than hall. But better fighter doesnt always win.

If you made mousasi vs hall happen ten times it would probably be 7-3 or 8-2 mousasi. most of the time mousasi would win.

What I got a kick out of was people angry that Mousasi didn't get the interim title shot trying to put Whittaker and Mousasi's wins over Hall on the same level, ignoring that Whittaker only needed one take and didn't get ultra combo'd.

Just a random thought...

After Mousasi beat Hall folks tried to pretend that their first fight didn't happen. Just wondering if that carries over to other match ups.
.... you know you're smart enough to figure why people fell Luke and Gerard are superior and it's not the reason you're implying

.... you know you're smart enough to figure why people fell Luke and Gerard are superior and it's not the reason you're implying

Not necessarily. Some of these folks have no idea why they feel the way they feel. They just follow the crowd. I like seeing who can articulate their position.

Bisping is definitely greater than Rockhold (in my humble opinion).

I mean, you look at their fights, doesn't matter what you thought going in, how you feel about Bisping, he KTFO Rockhold.

I think he's greater.

How do you define "better"?

By their success rate, by their skills shown by seeing that hall was basically losing both fights and only showed success with his one ko moment.

Speculative. If we go by what's happened it'd be 5-5.

No it wont and you know it. Just like it wouldnt be 5-5 with vs Serra vs GSP even though they wen 1-1 vs eachother technically.

By their success rate, by their skills shown by seeing that hall was basically losing both fights and only showed success with his one ko moment.

Got it. So in the cases where a fighter was "winning until he lost", the fighter that ultimately lost is or isn't better than the fighter he lost to?

No it wont and you know it. Just like it wouldnt be 5-5 with vs Serra vs GSP even though they wen 1-1 vs eachother technically.

In a series, competitors make adjustments. Just because you think one guy is more of a superhero based on what he's done to OTHER guys doesn't mean he'd win a series against 1 particular guy that's already shown he could beat him.

I'm just gonna say Rockhold just complains and is immensly overrated but he still is probably better then Bisping

Got it. So in the cases where a fighter was "winning until he lost", the fighter that ultimately lost is or isn't better than the fighter he lost to?

Depends on whos fighting and how it happens. If he gets dominated again in the rematch and shows nothing then its safe to say his moment in the first fight was probably an outlier. Kinda like how cain is the better fighter vs jds. They fought 3 times and 99% of the time jds was getting beat up.

In a series, competitors make adjustments. Just because you think one guy is more of a superhero based on what he's done to OTHER guys doesn't mean he'd win a series against 1 particular guy that's already shown he could beat him.

mousasi had to make 1 simple adjustment to dominate the fight again and beat the guy up even worse.

If the gsp that fought serra had 10 fights with serra are you honestly telling me it would be 5-5? Im confident youd think that gsp would win most of those matches easily.

Depends on whos fighting and how it happens. If he gets dominated again in the rematch and shows nothing then its safe to say his moment in the first fight was probably an outlier. Kinda like how cain is the better fighter vs jds. They fought 3 times and 99% of the time jds was getting beat up.

mousasi had to make 1 simple adjustment to dominate the fight again and beat the guy up even worse.

If the gsp that fought serra had 10 fights with serra are you honestly telling me it would be 5-5? Im confident youd think that gsp would win most of those matches easily.

I'm a sportsman so I respect the concept of adjustments and strategies (as you hinted to in your post) and the idea that anything can happen. Even if that "anything" is GSP and Matt Serra going 5-5. You may THINK GSP is the "better" fighter because of what he's shown against other dudes, but in a series with one guy, who happens NOT to be one of those other dudes, adjustments and momentum play a part and anything can happen.

I'm a sportsman so I respect the concept of adjustments and strategies (as you hinted to in your post) and the idea that anything can happen. Even if that "anything" is GSP and Matt Serra going 5-5. You may THINK GSP is the "better" fighter because of what he's shown against other dudes, but in a series with one guy, who happens NOT to be one of those other dudes, adjustments and momentum play a part and anything can happen.

We're talking about what we think would happen. Not what can happen. If i fight cain there is still a chance he'd fall and break his leg. Nobody would think that would happen though.

Just a random thought...

After Mousasi beat Hall folks tried to pretend that their first fight didn't happen. Just wondering if that carries over to other match ups.

That was the luckiest stupidest random kick I've ever seen

I shit on moose just as much so I'm not a fanboy

Back