So I tried to chew up and swallow fish oil pills..

ktoph1

White Belt
Reaction score
Worst idea I ever had.

I have a hard time swallowing pills, so for the most part I can handle the taste of chewing up pills. But fish oil is the one thing i cannot get down.

Anyways.. does anyone know of a good brand that makes the capsules in a smaller size or differant form?

Thanks in advance

Your one crazy mofo.

Try looking up and relaxing before you swallow the pills.

Alternativly there is some brand of lemon flavoured fish oil that ive seen people here rave on about.

why in the hell would you chew them?

Just buy Carlsons Lemon flavored fish oil instead.. and swig it straight out of the bottle.

I promise it does not taste bad.. and easy to swallow.

I did try this one fish oil replacement that came in little packets like ketchup. It was Orange Sherbert flavored fish oil.. and it actualy tasted good.. and exactly like orange sherbert.. but i think they were pretty expensive.. and i imagine full of crap because of the artificial orange sherbert flavor.

A poster previously mentioned he did this. He takes all 10 and puts them in a glass of water. He then waits some time (i have no clue how long) and he said they get soft, but don't break. But apparently they get soft enough he just drinks the whole thing. Genius for people who can't swallow pills.

I sure as hell wouldn't try swollowing them frozen then if you have a problem normally. Rock hard

But yeah, sonny does it to check they are ok, I'm living in ignorant bliss to be honest since mine have been in the freezer for the last 18-20 months

my costco brought in this new bottle of Kirkland (costco's brand) omega 3...something ridiculous like 600-700 omega3 per pill (that's unheard of). If I make it to the store today i'll post some details.

When i first saw it I didn't have time to really look at it, but when reading the label compared to the Kirkland Maximum Strength Fish Oil i usually get, something about the ingredient list didn't sit right with me.

this is what i always take
http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sign..._bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1200342169&sr=8-3

440 omega3 per pill about 13$ i think after taxes 200 capsules

here's the new one

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11248464&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1

684 omega3 per pill.

I think what didn't sit right with me was that they didn't specifiy how much dpa and eha.

I take 3 fish caps and my multi in one gulp. I was a pr0n star in my former life....or so it would seem.

I take 3 fish caps and my multi in one gulp. I was a pr0n star in my former life....or so it would seem.

As a kid, I couldn't handle swallowing pills, be it tabs or caps. Now I just chuck handfuls down with a little water. It's a mental thing.

I started taking down animal pak 1/2 the pills at a time.

I place them under my tongue and drink a glass of water normally.

Dude that's nothing. I swear to god, I worked with a guy who could throw back an entire animal pak w/ 3 fish oil capsules and a couple liver tabs all at once.

Dude that's nothing. I swear to god, I worked with a guy who could throw back an entire animal pak w/ 3 fish oil capsules and a couple liver tabs all at once.

Still got his number?

Thanks for all the input guys.. i'll have to check out some of the stuff you mentioned.

As a kid, I couldn't handle swallowing pills, be it tabs or caps. Now I just chuck handfuls down with a little water. It's a mental thing.

Ditto........used to gag, and nearly ralph as a kid, Now I can get 5 fish oil and two multi's down in one gulp.

why in the hell would you chew them?

Just buy Carlsons Lemon flavored fish oil instead.. and swig it straight out of the bottle.

I promise it does not taste bad.. and easy to swallow.

Seconded. This stuff is great. Each teaspoon contains over a gram of Omega-3s. I take the cod liver oil because of the extra vitamin D, but there is regular fish oil too.

I wouldn't quite say that it tastes good. But it certainly doesn't taste bad. It mainly just tastes like lemons.

I recently started taking fish oil as a supplement. I always chew them, as I don't like swallowing big pills and I like the taste of fish oil. It mostly tastes like salmon, it also has oil from a wide variety of fish, but I mostly taste salmon. Salmon's my favorite fish, so I like it.

I don't mind the taste of fish oil at all. It's just like drinking some generic cooking oil but with a fishy aftertaste.

Same here, i hated it as a kid, now i chugg handfulls, 6+ pills in one gulp. The trick is to put em in your mouth, fill it with water and gulp. Like you would if it was a beer drinking contest!

Back