So I Just Watched Snowpiercer

HereticBD

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
EDIT - I think this flick is like the "Bioshock" videogame.

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the Videogame thread, but I figured enough people have seen and played both to make the correlation.

I just watched it again today, and all of the ingredients are there. It's set in a unique, environmentally affected claustrophobic environment, in a dystopian future, with a seemingly evil dictator at the helm, and a renegade hero out to stop him. I know that sounds rather basic, but all I could think of while watching this was flick was "Bioshock". I mean really, all that's missing are the Plasmids.

What do you think?

Oh', and I'm not trying to take anything away from the flick either. It's amazing regardless.

EDIT - Title edit. Original title wasn't working so well.

Last edited:
Never played bio shock but I love Snowpiercer. I can't get anyone to watch it. Makes me hate people

Yeah I could see it.

Bioshock would make a great movie as well as long as someone decent makes it. Hell whoever made Snowpiercer could probably do it justice.

I never thought Bioshock from that movie but the director would be a good choice for making a Bioshock film.

I haven't seen Snowpiercer. Call me a hipster asshole for bringing up a Polish arthouse flick but there's this film called The Hourglass Sanatorium that I'd say was kinda Bioshocky. It's about a place in ruins that's really frozen in distinct times. Kinda like Bioshock except this goes through a number of different visual themes. Check it out if you can find it anywhere

film.jpeg

the-hourglass-sanatorium.jpg

tumblr_nkz1k3vpi01rtynt1o7_r1_1280.png

vlcsnap-2012-05-07-22h59m12s59.png

I haven't seen Snowpiercer. Call me a hipster asshole for bringing up a Polish arthouse flick but there's this film called The Hourglass Sanatorium that I'd say was kinda Bioshocky. It's about a place in ruins that's really frozen in distinct times. Kinda like Bioshock except this goes through a number of different visual themes. Check it out if you can find it anywhere

film.jpeg

the-hourglass-sanatorium.jpg

tumblr_nkz1k3vpi01rtynt1o7_r1_1280.png

vlcsnap-2012-05-07-22h59m12s59.png

Watch Snowpiercer, you hipster asshole.

Sort of, more post-apocalyptic-ish.

City of Amber is Bioshock-like as well

I tried to like it. It had some moments in it but I just couldn't get into it.

I dig the Bioshock analogy. Very similar.

I didn't actually like Bioshock too much tho.

Havent played Bioshock but I love Snowpiercer. It was an awesome theater experience.

Snowpiercer was a brilliantly filmed movie. I caught it in the theater. It takes you through its tale level by level and each stage grows more intense. Just fun, shocking, creative and imaginary. Love that film.

Snowpiercer is a solid movie. On point with socio-economic issues and about those in power.

I liked it. I don't remember if they ever explained why the rich guy built the train instead of some vault or something.

I hated it. Miss Information was the only plus point. Complete tripe.

Come to think of it I'd rather watch Pewdiepie play bioshock for two hours shouting "AAAAAAGH They're shooting at me BROZE!!!11" than watch that shithouse again.

Never played bio shock but I love Snowpiercer. I can't get anyone to watch it. Makes me hate people

Me too the Weinstein company fucked up by not letting it reach a bigger audience here , I thought it was a great picture.

I never thought it was that great a movie. There are too many plot holes in the scenario to suspend my disbelief.

Is this all part of some shtick I'm not in on? Some grand internet joke to trick people into seeing this movie?

Back