So... I broke the Circle-Pad on my 3DS, anyway to fix it?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I'm through attempting to get 3 Stars on all of the courses on Mario Kart 7. Not just because I just broke my 3DS, but because it's so fucking infuriating it caused me to lose my cool and throw my 3DS for the second time.

It still works, but the circle pad is fucked. I honestly don't play it enough to warrant buying a new 3DS, so is there a way to repair this one?

Are there Do-It-Yourself repair kits, or am I going to habe to send it off and pay half what it'd take for me to buy a new one?

Fuck, that looks tricky.

Basically have to completely dismantle the entire 3DS... well... I've switched out the charging port on my Samsung S5 by following the instructions to a guide, and this one seems to have the same level of detail that one did.

I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Edit - Wait, how do I know if its the circle pad itself that is broke. I can move the pad all the way around with no difficulty, but there's little broken pieces I can hear around it. As far as the gameplay goes, sometimes it detects when I move it to the left, sometimes it doesn't.

So is the button itself broken, or some component beneath it?

Last edited:
Edit - Wait, how do I know if its the circle pad itself that is broke. I can move the pad all the way around with no difficulty, but there's little broken pieces I can hear around it. As far as the gameplay goes, sometimes it detects when I move it to the left, sometimes it doesn't.

So is the button itself broken, or some component beneath it?

Any ideas?

Back