So, how far can Emil Meek go in the division?

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As the fight went on last night, I found myself pulling for him more and more. Seems like a good dude, full of personality, and seemed to wear his heart on his sleeve out there.

Looked durable and game out there, with some nice power behind his punches, but his kicks left alot to be desired, and I wanted to see more quickness out of him. Didn't see his groundwork hanging with the top guys. I'd love to see him against Cannington next, so he can stuff one of those bombs down Colby's throat and put him back on the undercards. Very winnable fight for him.

How far can Emil go? Is he going to be a gatekeeper, or do you feel he'll improve enough to eventually beat the bottom 5? Top 5?

Last edited:
If he develops his TDD and ground game he has the potential to be a top 5 guy , if not he's gatekeeper status .

Getting molested by wrestlers is going to be a problem for him. He needs to get that TDD for sure

he'll be fine. pretty much everyone in that division loses to kamaru right now

If he develops his TDD and ground game he has the potential to be a top 5 guy , if not he's gatekeeper status .
He can go quite far - in fact all the way down to the floor where he can strategically stay on his back and exhaust his victim who is being tired out on top.

I’d like to see him fight Perry next.

I think he beats Condit and Hendricks an Lombard and stun gun an cowboy

Ok maybe not cowboy. He beats uriah too

Straight to the bottom of the top 10 and that ain’t bad lol.

Not sure.

He should train with Usman.

Like Gus trained with Phil to improve his wrestling.

Dude needs to train good ol’ murican wrasslin. He got the beard and he’s shredded tho, which makes him marketable.

I was surprised that the Nigerian blanket couldn’t put him away. Either he’s really fuckin tough, or camaro ain’t as gnarly as we thought

I think Usman is a bad guy to judge his TDD and ground game against. Not saying it can't get better but when you got a crazy strong wrestler like Usman who realistically NOBODY in the division wants to fight, I mean what did you expect to happen to Week? Lol

I was surprised that the Nigerian blanket couldn’t put him away. Either he’s really fuckin tough, or camaro ain’t as gnarly as we thought
I'm not surprised...

<{natewhut}>

Usman isn't exactly known for his finishing.

i like him , he shoes potential ....

The guy gets smashed, and the guy who smashed him gets called one of the worst fighters in UFC history, and yet, Emil somehow has a potentially bright future in the UFC. LOL

Hes still fairly green in MMA.. Only 12 fights and he's already fought Mein, Palhares and Usman.

Gets his head cracked open by Platinum after he beats that random guy in Orlando.

Back