So, how does Glory compare to K1...?

I think the top of Glory's current WW and LW divisions stacks up pretty well versus any K-1 Max final. I don't really understand, because the roster of one promotion basically made a natural transition to the other to a certain extend. Ristie KO'ed Petrosyan in Glory. People will bring up Buakaw and Souwer again, to them I say, please... move on.

The problem is, you're comparing two different formats. A tournament format with annual events vs stand alone cards in a division format. When people think of K-1 they naturally have the finals in mind, I mean what else, right? But remember those are once a year, annual events (you can throw in the elimination and dynamite events if you like). I think Glory is doing a great job, giving us pretty damn good cards on a consistent basis. As a matter of fact, Glory is looking stonger than ever.
We can debate the competition today vs then but that's irrelevant to me pointing out your complete dismissal of K-1 MAX competition.

Maybe for you the annual tournament was all that stuck out but not for me when I was following it all year and discussing the fights on the K-1 FANS forum as well as this forum at the time. K-1 had fights all year.

Glory is looking pretty weak actually, outside of maybe WW.

I think Glory's production value is some of the best, but I like the stuff ONE, K-1, Glory of Heroes, Kunlun Fight, etc. has been putting on much more. High production value, usually high level fighters and if I remember correctly, I heard Michael Schiavello on a ONE broadcast. Anything with him makes me want to watch it a bit more haha. Fighter-wise, I think Glory is a bit overrated as well. They're wasting their time with Sitthichai and Pet, pretty much all of the significant competition is beaten and they should just move on to greener pastures; same with Rico. There are a lot of fighters from Glory that I find entertaining because they have exciting styles, but personally I would take more technical fighting over more visually enticing fighting.

For me K1 has a bit of nostalgia to it. Obscure footage from Japan! And my fellow countrymen kicking the shit out of everybody! Ernesto Hoost Peter Aerts Sem Schilt Remy Bonjaski the list goes on!

Glory tbh sucks right now, I prefer K-1 Japan and ONE Super Series.

K-1 and It's Showtime are the last *real* kickboxing organization...

K1 is overrated IMO. Kickboxing has evolved. Granted, those HW's were warriors, I'll give them that... but they had the brains of dinosaurs. Very low IQ. Just slugging it out. Swinging for the fences with often piss poor technique and no defense. Rico calls it fighting at a flip of a coin, and he's right.

Now come at me all you K1 fanboys, I'll take you all on.

<13>

I don't know how you reached that conclusion at all. Nobody except Rico in today's Glory HW division looks quite up to the level of the best guys of the "golden era" of K1, and even Rico doesn't exactly stand out compared to that crop of fighters.

Back