So how come straight people aren't allowed to have flags?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
This happened in a small Canadian village

They put up a Pride Flag first and later on put up a flag to represent straight people.

And people went crazy and it had to get taken town. What's the problem? They get a flag and we get a flag? Why are they anti our flag and get mad when people are anti their flag ???

Here's the article: http://www.country94.ca/news/1312340385/chipman-faces-criticism-flying-straight-flag

I want to talk about this one

The double standard raises some flags for me!

Is this the straight flag? If not, it should be.

1380540391480.jpg

A flag is such a weird, seemingly innocuous thing to get upset about.

That being said, that's a really boring looking flag. Was probably designed by some cis-cunt.

A flag is such a weird, seemingly innocuous thing to get upset about.

That being said, that's a really boring looking flag. Was probably designed by some cis-cunt.

I just find our world so confusing

You can wear a pride flag and that's fine

But you put up something celebrating straight pride and it's not fine?

you can have straight pride without being against gay pride and vice versa

This is so fucked

Because making a flag for straight people sounds kind of gay.
I mean who thinks I am so straight I need my own flag?
Sounds more like someone with conflicted feelings trying to prove to himself that he is in fact straight.

So @Clippy is in the WR now?

Do you want a straight person's flag?

No I don't want the flag or even like it

I just can't believe the hatred and people wanting the flag taken down - offended by a flag ffs - saying they wouldn't support any village businesses and ruin the town what the fuck

And yes I'm everywheres

No I don't want the flag or even like it

I just can't believe the hatred and people wanting the flag taken down - offended by a flag ffs - saying they wouldn't support any village businesses and ruin the town what the fuck

And yes I'm everywheres

Oh, I see. Well, if someone is really, really, anti gay, like wanting to kill them all, said person could just use a nazi flag, I guess.

Flaggots!

(not a gay slur... this is aimed at those that insist on having flags no matter what their views are.)

We don't need them.

Weird day for me ... Find myself agreeing with Ripskater. (Probably to different reasons though.)

Straight people have never been persecuted for their sexual orientation and have never had to fight for their right to be treated as equals. Thus, no need for a flag to rally behind.

Having a straight pride flag doesn't really have a point other than to diminish the importance of the pride flag or to create a feeling of hostility towards LGBTQ people.

Weird day for me ... Find myself agreeing with Ripskater. (Probably to different reasons though.)

Straight people have never been persecuted for their sexual orientation and have never had to fight for their right to be treated as equals. Thus, no need for a flag to rally behind.

Having a straight pride flag doesn't really have a point other than to diminish the importance of the pride flag or to create a feeling of hostility towards LGBTQ people.

I'm not seeing it like that, I'm just seeing a flag that people are getting upset about for no reason

Unless sinister reasons are revealed later, I don't see any.

I would have drove by this and never thought twice, so again the reaction surprises me.

omg...

"how come they can do/have it but we can't???!!!"...

you fuckin' crybabies I swear... lol

I just find our world so confusing

You can wear a pride flag and that's fine

But you put up something celebrating straight pride and it's not fine?

you can have straight pride without being against gay pride and vice versa

This is so fucked
Welcome to the world of SJWism @Clippy, it don’t make no sense.

Back