So how come KO'd fighters generally don't act like DC when they wake up?

They all seem to be themselves after they wake up, just a woozy and confused version.

You really think the KO is an excuse for his behavior?
In my experience whenever a fighter with iron chin who's not supposed to go down, goes down..then It's usually a pretty bad concussion, that was straight shin bone to the head, dc was completely out on his feet after that.
Then solid hard shots right behind dcs ear.
It was pretty brutal

Call me crazy but I think DC cared a little too much about winning this fight. Look, I get it.. you fight for a living, you have a legacy, you really wanna win and keep your belt. But shit man.. he handled the whole thing terribly. He should have just accepted defeat, acted like it was whatever- and moved on. I feel like he built up this crazy narrative about defeating jones and got caught up in the whole thing. His psyche is a bit fucked now.

Yup

The fight meant a lot to him. He got KO'd. He's an emotional dude. There really isn't a "right" way to act, people are different and are free to react however they want too.

If anything this shows how real this sport is and I love it. But at the same time I feel bad for DC.

FORREST GRIFFEN

I know right. It's like everyone forgets he ran crying from the cage.

I don't even disrespect him for that. Man puts it all on the line, I figure he has a right to cry, win, lose, or draw.

Call me crazy but I think DC cared a little too much about winning this fight. Look, I get it.. you fight for a living, you have a legacy, you really wanna win and keep your belt. But shit man.. he handled the whole thing terribly. He should have just accepted defeat, acted like it was whatever- and moved on. I feel like he built up this crazy narrative about defeating jones and got caught up in the whole thing. His psyche is a bit fucked now.

After the first loss, he admitted that he didn't sleep right for weeks and was obsessed with Jones for many months after that. Seriously, we all have our regrets in life, but as a therapist, I think it's important that he talks to someone (if he hasn't already). As a psychologist, I can safely say he fits the profile of a high achiever who is confronted with reality of his personal limitations and is unable to cope with it.

Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers got KOd last year and started crying when he came to. Couldn't explain why.

If you've ever seen men concussed you'd know different. Shit evokes all kinds of strange emotions including balls out crying.

Also DC is an intense dude. Works for him but not always.

Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers got KOd last year and started crying when he came to. Couldn't explain why.
This was terrifying to watch because you could tell he was completely confused about what was happening to him.

What really was DC's actions though? He tried to say a few words to his opponent which a lot of fighter does.

It only looked bad because people tried to stop him, assuming he didn't realize he got KOd, which he absolutely did

Did people in this thread get concussions too? I am talking about him refusing to stand for Buffers official call of the fight and disrespecting the ref, trying to walk out of the octagon during this and then arguing with his boss when they try to syop him, not acknowledging Jones embracing him afterwards or any congrats etc.

It is obviously not about his crying, ffs.

Who was it that got KOd and then interrupted the interview being given by Dan Hardy because he was so out of it he thought it was a bad stoppage?

It's gonna kill me if I don't remember this.

Edit: NM, it was Niklas Backstrom.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was rigged. It's funny how Jones fans say that Conor's look rigged. This one looks pretty questionable. Thanks for bringing that up, I haven't thought of this one yet.

I honestly believe that people who type STAGED/FAKE on very believable YouTube videos and/or fights are among the lowest forms of humanity in society. Barely past mental retardation.

Did people in this thread get concussions too? I am talking about him refusing to stand for Buffers official call of the fight and disrespecting the ref, trying to walk out of the octagon during this and then arguing with his boss when they try to syop him, not acknowledging Jones embracing him afterwards or any congrats etc.

It is obviously not about his crying, ffs.

You sounds like a dummy who has no clue what really happened.

DC wasn't aware of getting knocked out and he thought the stoppage of premature. That's why he left the octagon so pissed.

When Dana showed him the replay that's when he found out it wasn't premature. If you have been watching MMA long enough, you would've known fighters not remembering well and protesting ref's call is not unusual thing.

I actually think dc might have long term effects from that ko. Jones was pounding his unconcious skull against the hard floor so the impact is ferocious.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was rigged. It's funny how Jones fans say that Conor's look rigged. This one looks pretty questionable. Thanks for bringing that up, I haven't thought of this one yet.

<JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe>

It's almost like people are different. Some people lose their minds when coming out from Anesthesia too.

He didn't know he was out until he saw it on the replay

According to Dana, DC was upset because he didn't know what happened but thought it was stopped prematurely. Said he had no idea he was KO'd until he finally saw the replay and realized he was out

Back