So Henderson's spectacular comeback and knockout is tainted due to TRT usage, right?

yeah, sure.

ddffdf.gif

I don't understand how he got a pass though.
If Vitor had to cancel his title shot because they wouldn't allow him to fight under TRT one last time, and Sonnen is not allowed to fight under TRT, the same should have happened with Dan.

HOWEVER, I don't think this win was tainted.
Hendo is a legend. HIs contribution to the sport goes beyond this fight.

He fought anyone, at any time!
Heck, he beat Fedor for crying out loud!!

No, Hendo will be celebrated as one of the greats. HIs wins will remain and little details like TRT will vanish over time.

Because the Brazilian commission is obviously more concerned about catering to the UFC, and thus is more willing to bed the rules to make the ocmpany happy, than the Vegas one.

TRT and illegal hammerfists

*Legal

Look at the region of the back of the head that is illegal, then look where he punched. They were fine. Get over it.

Because the Brazilian commission is obviously more concerned about catering to the UFC, and thus is more willing to bed the rules to make the ocmpany happy, than the Vegas one.

DOn't see how your theory works.
Isn't Sonnen banned from TRT? He'll fight in Brazil, won't him?

Besides, only NSAC banned TRT in US.

Brazilian AC said they would follow. That's why I am not sure why allow Hendo after they banned it and did not allow for Sonnen.

The only explanation I can possibly think is that SOnnen signed the contract after the ban while Hendo had already secured his TRT exemption (so they honored it).

but alas, IMO it won't matter when discussing his accomplishments.

He had 2 wars with Shogun. The first one I don't think he won. But this last one goes as a testament of his durability and will to overcome adversity.

Yes.

The entire second half of his career is tainted, and the fact that people run around calling him the "American GOAT" is laughable.

So take two drivers for example. Both have been driving for nearly twenty years. Except driver A has had one speeding ticket in his driving career and driver B has had zero.

Does that make driver B the better driver?

illK6U.gif

well Vitor's TRT is better because he beat Hendo when they were both on TRT so no

So take two drivers for example. Both have been driving for nearly twenty years. Except driver A has had one speeding ticket in his driving career and driver B has had zero.

If they both drive by a cop at every intersection, then yes.

I think getting suspended for a year is more akin to driver A having a DUI or a terrible (at fault) accident, the kinds of things that make states consider whether they should be allowed to continue driving.

Yes.

The entire second half of his career is tainted, and the fact that people run around calling him the "American GOAT" is laughable.

I think your posts bring me more joy than anything else on this forum. Just so pissy and miserable; it's hilarious.

Hendo never failed a drug test, never tested over his levels and is consistently undersized.
Vitor has tested positive for steroids in the past, and the fact that his recent random test was "not released" coupled with his ridiculous new physique further the likelihood he was juicing well past the so-called levels.

That being said I welcome the end of the TRT-era. But comparing the two is absurd.

TRT made that fight entertaining as fuck.

The only downside was Shogun probably wasn't on it also.

DOn't see how your theory works.
Isn't Sonnen banned from TRT? He'll fight in Brazil, won't him?

Besides, only NSAC banned TRT in US.

Brazilian AC said they would follow. That's why I am not sure why allow Hendo after they banned it and did not allow for Sonnen.

The only explanation I can possibly think is that SOnnen signed the contract after the ban while Hendo had already secured his TRT exemption (so they honored it).

but alas, IMO it won't matter when discussing his accomplishments.

He had 2 wars with Shogun. The first one I don't think he won. But this last one goes as a testament of his durability and will to overcome adversity.

I fully admit this is a guess, but the NSAC, CSAC and other state SC's made the decision effective immediately. Did Brazil? I honestly don't know, but it is conceivable to me that they put a deadline that was after Hendo/Shogun II but before the Sonnen fight.

Yes it kinda is but not to the extent of Vitor. Belfort was a known drug user and still got to use it, Hendo wasnt

I'm disinclined to give a shit either way. Long term, the only thing anyone will care about is CTE once they've been diagnosed with it.

never tested over his levels

This is what people don't seem to understand so long as hes routinely monitored and tested his using trt will only raise his level to where it should be for a man his age.

They dont turn him into a fuckin 30 yeart old lol

I fully admit this is a guess, but the NSAC, CSAC and other state SC's made the decision effective immediately. Did Brazil? I honestly don't know, but it is conceivable to me that they put a deadline that was after Hendo/Shogun II but before the Sonnen fight.

Hendo had already gotten his exemption and was training.
Vitor never got an exemption in the states, which is why people think he was being fucking shady. He was applying for an exemption and wasn't approved before the ban.

Pretty simple question, don't know why there's so much confusion.

Back