So have you noticed this new trend yet? "WomX" or "Womxn"

I actually don't, live 2 hours North but used to be in Seattle on a weekly basis and I have a friend that lives on Queen Anne and a bunch that live in the Tacoma area so I'm down there a ton.

WEAK.

There is the restaurant in the Space Needle that is kinda cool but it isn't cheap. There's a great Vietnamese place near the Int'l District too.

Awesome...we should hook up for the next fight. (yes homo)

Tbh, I see most of the new liberal trends on my FB newsfeed....

like "CIS" and Cis-gender ec

Interesting considering Facebook uses what you view most to determine what pops up in your feed.

Let's evaluate this "trend" real quick:

3 posters in this thread have said they've seen the terms used. That's 3, including you. All 3 of you very clearly take issue with the "sjw movement" in it's entirety. The likelihood that you guys are seeing this pop up in your feeds enough to label it a "trend" is incredibly low. Unless of course you have a ton of SJW friends or visit a bunch of SJW sites.

So what should I take from this thread? That the word "trend" can be applied to anything we've seen once... or that you clowns constantly talking about how dumb the SJW movement is, are really the ones publicizing it more than anyone else?

Interesting considering Facebook uses what you view most to determine what pops up in your feed.

Let's evaluate this "trend" real quick:

3 posters in this thread have said they've seen the terms used. That's 3, including you. All 3 of you very clearly take issue with the "sjw movement" in it's entirety. The likelihood that you guys are seeing this pop up in your feeds enough to label it a "trend" is incredibly low. Unless of course you have a ton of SJW friends or visit a bunch of SJW sites.

So what should I take from this thread? That the word "trend" can be applied to anything we've seen once... or that you clowns constantly talking about how dumb the SJW movement is, are really the ones publicizing it more than anyone else?
Or you live out here and your FB is filled with people you knew in high school that take part in this? That's how I see it all the time.

And my biggest issue with the SJW shit is it's USUALLY a bunch of privileged white kids that grew up with a mom and dad driving BMW M3s or Mercedes S-Class cars telling me, a minority, why my opinion is wrong and they know what a minority needs.
<JagsKiddingMe>

That's where my biggest fucking gripe with them is. I'd take the overt "I hate you cause you're not white" shtick of the KKK instead of the soft casual prejudice/racism that the above example is.

Or you live out here and your FB is filled with people you knew in high school that take part in this? That's how I see it all the time.

Normally what happens...is I see something bizarre on FB...

and then one of my colleagues (usually younger generation) start to employ the terms...

I use "Cis" as a frequent example because I had no idea what the person meant when she said, "LI, I can't comment on that because I'm a Cis-gender white female..."

I was like Sis? whaa??

So this "trend" is localized to one spot in the country among one type of people? Should I make a thread for every "trend" that fits that bill?

You see it all the time, yet everyone else hasn't seen it. Ever. What's more likely; it's a big trend most people just aren't noticing, or it's not a trend at all and this thread is simply publicizing the stupidity of 1 person from the TS's facebook feed?

If someone said they were a womx, I would ask them where the other 9 wombs are. They would probably stare at me like a dog being shown a card trick.

There's a world of difference between, "live and let live", and similar philosophies...Which I'm inclined to agree with.

however, this type of hateful rhetoric is completely different. this is more of a ,"I have a problem with you, because of who you are, and what you believe."

Similar to what Jack espouses.

What I encountered in Seattle was just a lot more political signs. Come to think of it, I also saw "Safe Space" stickers for the first time on store windows, and I saw some store workers wearing safety pins on their shirts. I honestly would not have noticed the safety pins if people had not brought it up on this forum, because I would not have known what it meant and would not have attached any importance to it.

I don't have any issue with it, that is just an expression of free speech, whether I agree or not. For example, around here, if you go to a gun store you will likely see pretty crude and insulting political posters inside. I guess my role as a consumer is just to decide not to buy things from them if I think they are bad people.

In all fairness, this could all just be a flare up or a fad term.

like the term "toxic masculinity".

In a week's time, I came across this term about 2 dozen times, on FB, in real life and even on sherdog. Thanks @Kafir-kun .

I wouldn't worry too much. These things pop up from time to time and fade away soon enough. There's definitely something in the water.

In all fairness, this could all just be a flare up or a fad term.

like the term "toxic masculinity".

In a week's time, I came across this term about 2 dozen times, on FB, in real life and even on sherdog. Thanks @Kafir-kun .

Considering everyone else here seems to not have encountered it at all, I suggest you change your online habits.

The reality is it's not a trend, it's stupid, and 90% of people on either side of the political spectrum would agree to that. Trying to act like this is a trend prevelant among a certain political group is just flat out bullshit.

The fringe left does a pretty good job making literal nazis look well-adjusted sometimes.

DTEXH1TVAAEZw_Q.jpg

DTEXH1TUMAAQFm7.jpg

ha that s hillarious. are there really people like that ??

fuck it must be so fun to troll these freaks in Seatle.

Could be. I've never seen anyone like that in real life, but the TS seems to see them everywhere, and he tends to just randomly call people racists more than anyone I've ever seen. Dude seems legit mentally ill.
LI is a bit odd at times but he's probably fine. I remember he and I had this weird spat over Mike Brown but eventually we saw eye to eye on it.

As far as running into these types its probably a generational thing. Or in other words, you're just an old man!

LI is a bit odd at times but he's probably fine. I remember he and I had this weird spat over Mike Brown but eventually we saw eye to eye on it.

As far as running into these types its probably a generational thing. Or in other words, you're just an old man!

Ferguson does seem to be what flipped the switch and turned him into TCK Jr. (though nastier than the original).

And could be. I do remember arguing with "anti-imperialist" ethnonationalists when I was in college, which is probably the closest to the type I've encountered. But that perspective is probably also why I can see that the current hysteria is ill-founded.

Mike Brown and Ferguson was one of many turning point for me
The "hands up don't shoot" narrative, despite being proved to be a complete lie was repeated ad nauseum by the left. (we've been over this before and I'm sure you don't want to hear it again, LOL)

What really got to me was the overt and accepted racism exercised by the New Left, not to mention the attacks on free speech, and completely aversion to a free exchange of ideas. Leftists today are the complete antithesis of what was once considered "liberal."

Nice try Nazis!!!!!

When two or more singular nouns or pronouns are connected by or or nor, use a singular verb. The book or the pen is in the drawer. 3. When a compound subject contains both a singular and a plural noun or pronoun joined by or or nor, the verbshould agree with the part of the subject that is nearer the verb.Apr 1, 2014
Purdue OWL: Subject/Verb Agreement
Purdue University › english › owl › reso...

So I was perusing my Facebook newsfeed, (yes, I know I know, only losers and beta males still have Facebook) and I've noticed that several of my SJW and SLWL women friends are altering the word "women" to "womxn" or "WomX."

the theory is, that they wish to strive for independence from "men", even in Language.

I saw shades of this in College in Seattle. some radical feminists insisted on using the term "freshperson" rather than freshmen. (not kidding).

and of course, "herstory" rather than "history".

That is a new level of stupidity.
Level of Stupidity : womxn

Back