So, Ganryujima 5 happened

chunglii

No Me Duele
@Titanium
Reaction score
Apparently there was an 8 man, 1 night tournament. Michihiro Omigawa and Katsunori Kikuno were among the participants.

check out Caposa's twitter for more gifs.

nice, forgot about you kikuno, would like to see him in rizin

Caposa with those spoilers. What were the full brackets?

Caposa with those spoilers. What were the full brackets?
Katsunori Kikuno (23-8-MMA) vs (Taekwondo) Ha Woon Pyo

Khuukhenkhuu Amartuvshin (Mongolian wrestling) vs (Hand to hand combat) Igor Permin

Michihiro Omigawa (17-14-MMA) vs (Sanda) Zhang Wensheng

Al Bakhtiari (Kungfu) vs (Muay Thai) Kuntap Charoenchai

You have to register and pay but they upload their events here now... eventually. They have the last event up, which only half of surfaced online anywhere before Ganryujima put them up.

https://ganryujima.jp/movies

Hopefully the event that just happened is up soon...

Khuukhenkhuu Amartuvshin (Mongolian wrestling) vs (Hand to hand combat) Igor Permin

There was also a superfight between Bobby Ologun and Hoshikaze (aka Star Style, aka Armand Baldu (or something like that)) He was the one who kept cheating against Bobby's buddy a couple events ago, the Zulu wrestler guy, I forget his name atm

Classic Street Fighter move

RyuThrow.jpg

Ah so Marcus Aurelio wasn't in the tournament? I saw he won by 28 second KO but then wondered why I couldn't find anymore after that one.

Damn shame Kikuno couldn't do well in the UFC, always entertaining guy

Ah so Marcus Aurelio wasn't in the tournament? I saw he won by 28 second KO but then wondered why I couldn't find anymore after that one.

Damn shame Kikuno couldn't do well in the UFC, always entertaining guy
There were 3 non-tournament super fights

Damn, Omigawa lost? At least it was in the finals, to a larger opponent. I hope the rest of the fights surface.

the world is a better place with more one night tournaments in it.

Mommy, why is Kikuno using his devestating body kicks in Japan but not in the UFC?<{hmmm}>

Fuck yeah Kikuno, fuck yeah.

Probably my biggest UFC run disappointment since Crocop...
If you haven't, watch his fight against Andre Dida (Wanderlei's muay thay coach and the guy who punched Chael, but that's not the point), a great striker himself, holding his own against Buakaw.
(and he was trained by Sakuraba too, let's hope Dida gets back on track too)

Anyway, great finish by Kikuno, don't know what happened in the UFC...
I was also very hyped when they signed Yan Cabral after TUF Brasil, but he didn't really deliver...

/rant

Anyone have a link to Kikunos fight?

Back