So finally got my new car.(wrx)

Youd be surprised. Free up the airflow and raise the boost, hook traction and some one that can launch and shift and your ass is there in a 20 year old car with 2/3k worth of bolt on's.

None one ride that can go from 13.5 into 10s with that little work.

You always quote the absolute lowest price possible. BPU costs that much, bpu++++ to maybe get to 500whp on pump is more.

Also if you stayed stock turbo and even reached 500whp those turbos are going to die. If you go hybrid it's going to like 2-3k depending on brand/set up.

Almost most 500 hp pump gas Supras aren't running 10's. Usually it is reserved for around 600whp or needs a 150 shot or something.

I'd say that stat has more to do with how maimed it came from the factory. Realistically bpu(+'s) running a safe boost you will be in the 410-450hp range and not running 10's.

Single turbo conversion with crazy lag.

I think the Internet, at least at a very superficial level, think YouTube or even StreetFire, has given dudes some pretty unrealistic expectations for "budget bolt-on gains". You may be able to hit those target gains on certain dynos, but for how long?

Do you need to let it idle before taking off when you first start it for a long time? It's turbo?

You always quote the absolute lowest price possible. BPU costs that much, bpu++++ to maybe get to 500whp on pump is more.

Also if you stayed stock turbo and even reached 500whp those turbos are going to die. If you go hybrid it's going to like 2-3k depending on brand/set up.

Almost most 500 hp pump gas Supras aren't running 10's. Usually it is reserved for around 600whp or needs a 150 shot or something.

I'd say that stat has more to do with how maimed it came from the factory. Realistically bpu(+'s) running a safe boost you will be in the 410-450hp range and not running 10's.

You want lowest price, cut off the exhaust run open run some slicks and add a cheap ass yet reliable mechanical boost controller a cheap ass k&n filter and remove the headlight for more air.

Plenty ran tens with very few mods, the uber super secret sauce always was some drag radials lol.

Still rocking the slowmobile. .. I've gotten alot better at shifting it smoothly and I'm not hating it but still weighing my options. I'm actually leaning towards a 4 dr, 4x4, Tacoma. ... used with low miles... Around 30k or so. Only downside is gas mileages is pretty poor. Anybody own one and or have any feedback on them?

Still rocking the slowmobile. .. I've gotten alot better at shifting it smoothly and I'm not hating it but still weighing my options. I'm actually leaning towards a 4 dr, 4x4, Tacoma. ... used with low miles... Around 30k or so. Only downside is gas mileages is pretty poor. Anybody own one and or have any feedback on them?
Do you actually need a truck?

Can get by without it but I used to own one and it def came in handy. Needs to be quad cab for my pups tho.

Also the Cobb tuner finally released the software update for the 17 wrx so I'm waiting to hear reviews b4 I bail. I want to decide b4 snowfall because I'm not investing in winter tires and wheels for the Rex if I'm selling.

Did you purchase an accessport OP?
I have been running the Cobb OTS 91 map with 93 Oct and it was doing fine.

Yesterday, I got a wild hair up my ass and ordered a custom Etune from Eric @ torqued performance.(150.00)

He sent me the map last night and I took out this morning for a 10 minute datalog, then a did a 3rd gear pull for him.

As of an hour ago I am on my 3rd revision and this fucker is running great, heads and tails over the OTS map.

Eric works quick. Highly recommend

Shit, I really gotta get around to selling my Cobb AP.

I think I remember telling you you was going to take a loss on the resale In another thread.. just keep the car and do some mods. What's the warranty matter if your willing to spend money on mods or take a loss on selling it?
Should've listened to this instead of making another thread about how you don't like it!

Can get by without it but I used to own one and it def came in handy. Needs to be quad cab for my pups tho.

Also the Cobb tuner finally released the software update for the 17 wrx so I'm waiting to hear reviews b4 I bail. I want to decide b4 snowfall because I'm not investing in winter tires and wheels for the Rex if I'm selling.
You still rocking the WRX? Just curious if you've had any problems with it. A friend of mine had a subaru years ago and constantly had problems with the turbo. Eventually traded it back in to the dealer for something without turbo

You still rocking the WRX? Just curious if you've had any problems with it. A friend of mine had a subaru years ago and constantly had problems with the turbo. Eventually traded it back in to the dealer for something without turbo

Still rocking the slow mobile. ...I've had 0 problems with it but I got it with 12 miles on it. ..at 13k now. From what I've read on the forums these cars have a ton of issues as they age.

Still rocking the slow mobile. ...I've had 0 problems with it but I got it with 12 miles on it. ..at 13k now. From what I've read on the forums these cars have a ton of issues as they age.
Oh really? I'm supposed to go test drive a 2015 one tomorrow morn, has 50ish thousand km's on it. I'm looking for a winter car with AWD. Was also looking at the Forester or Crosstrek, but thought the WRX might be more fun to drive. Also looking at a new CX-5 like @Cheese has. Sounds weird, but I want a manual transmission, just love driving them. The CX-5 doesn't come in AWD though when coupled with the manual transmission. Subaru seems to offer manual transmissions with all their vehicles along with AWD

Oh really? I'm supposed to go test drive a 2015 one tomorrow morn, has 50ish thousand km's on it. I'm looking for a winter car with AWD. Was also looking at the Forester or Crosstrek, but thought the WRX might be more fun to drive. Also looking at a new CX-5 like @Cheese has. Sounds weird, but I want a manual transmission, just love driving them. The CX-5 doesn't come in AWD though when coupled with the manual transmission. Subaru seems to offer manual transmissions with all their vehicles along with AWD

Check it out you might like it. I'd be careful with a 15 with so many miles already. It's great in the snow. ... the standard stereo is atrocious. .. the manual transmission has a horrible notchy feel to it....it loses all balls at 4500 rpms though it red lines at 6900... and fuel economy is lousy and requires premium.

Check it out you might like it. I'd be careful with a 15 with so many miles already. It's great in the snow. ... the standard stereo is atrocious. .. the manual transmission has a horrible notchy feel to it....it loses all balls at 4500 rpms though it red lines at 6900... and fuel economy is lousy and requires premium.
Ha, damn, you sure you're not a sales rep for Subaru? Just kidding, thanks for the advice though. I know Subaru has it's own little subculture of enthusiasts so it's nice to hear some honest opinions of their vehicles

You think the manual on your WRX is bad, you should drive the manual ATS. Blows what would otherwise be a near perfect stock chassis.

Tesla cars been wrecking Cars on the race ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back