So does this mean Cain is Retiring?

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Today, with the UFC’s announcement that Daniel Cormier will fight Stipe Miocic for the UFC Heavyweight Title July 7th at UFC 226, one has to wonder what this means for Cain Velasquez.

Cormier, who has sworn he will never fight Cain due to their close friendship and also as Cormier put it “I can’t beat Cain,” must have some knowledge about Cain’s future. It is my belief that Cain Velasquez has fought his last fight in the UFC and will soon announce his retirement from MMA.

https://mmascoutlive.wordpress.com/2018/01/26/cain-velasquez-to-retire/

Cain is targeting the end of the year for his return I think. DC is likely planning to vacate the title before Cain comes back.

Was wondering the same. But i think it just means DC is planning to vacate if he wins.

He'll get a chance to avenge his loss to Werdum, hopefully.

yeah, most likely. Cain should step aside so the UFC can concentrate on new HW talents.

Btw, lives are gonna be in Waylon Mercy's hands

Cain only has 16 fights total. how can he even retire?

DC is supposedly done March of next year. Cain is supposedly returning later this year.

DC most likely gives up the title if he wins and Cain fights for it next year if he comes back and picks up a win.

There is no way in hell Cain should get an immediate title shot.

What's the point? Even if Cain would have got an undeserved title shot the guy wouldn't be healthy enough to defend it. The guy is done we don't need him holding up the division. I think Stipe starches him regardless.

bD5nRpm.png

Last edited:
Cain will not be a title contender why should he worry about it.

Relax folks. Cain is still HW GOAT and will return soon sometime in 2020.

i think it tells you dc is going to retire not cain if anything

Cain retiring would be such a bummer... so much potential...

Back