So does Sage Northcutt still have potential or is he a bust?

Jones is an extreme outlier for a comparison. Dude for sure hasn't seemed to live up to the hype, but has legit skill and potential. Too young to be a bust. More than a few high level guys didn't put it all together until ten years older than Ságe.

he is just not as much into fighting as others. unlike most MMA fighters, he has other opportunities to do well in his life.

He hasn't got the heart for it. He's from a privileged sheltered home. He also said before he was even in the UFC that he was more into acting and studying. Good for him, but that's not the mindset of a guy that want's to be champ. He doesn't need to fight. He'll catch a few brutal beating then retire and get into stunt work and acting.

Nah bust. He just doesnt seem to have the natural talents for it. He reminds me a bit of Uriah Hall, blessed with amazing genetics, but doesnt know how to use them.
They both have amazing martial arts talent. Unfortunately they don't know how to fight. There's a big difference

He’s still got a chance to be an a lite fighter until he turns 33. After that a fighters career is over, they should’ve be fighting, they are as washed up as can be and fans should have zero expectations of them showing up at in condition or showing any skills to be competitive.

They both have amazing martial arts talent. Unfortunately they don't know how to fight. There's a big difference

I disagree. Martial arts talent involves more than being able to perform fancy kicks. Its about timing, distance, finding openings, defense, head movement, fighting instincts, etc.

He’s still got a chance to be an a lite fighter until he turns 33. After that a fighters career is over, they should’ve be fighting, they are as washed up as can be and fans should have zero expectations of them showing up at in condition or showing any skills to be competitive.

God shut the fuck up, what comes after yellow card? we really should perm ban useless fucking posters like this.

22 years old.

Has he climaxed or is he still ascending?

To put it into perspective, Jon Jones was 23 when he became the champ.

The fact that Northcutt has been training since he was a kid and still is nowhere near title contention, has he reached his peak already?
Better off being Hair model

He is the U.S. Erick Silva... just grant him fifty years time, then he will find his prime at the ripe age of 25.

Considering his age he is definitely not a bust, and has a lot of time to develop. But, yeah it's pretty clear up to this point he will never rank amonst the elite fighters. I could see him being top 15 at some point though, eventually.

He maybe still a prospect.. but not a Young Up and Coming Prospect.. Like this guy here
erick-silva-ufc-fight-night-58.jpg

Potential?

Sagegoat "Supergoat" Goatcutt is already the GOAT.

UFC used to bring in unknown guys for Roger Huerta to wreck and it seems they are doing the same for Sage now.

I disagree. Martial arts talent involves more than being able to perform fancy kicks. Its about timing, distance, finding openings, defense, head movement, fighting instincts, etc.
I get what you're saying. The difference to me is you can teach someone all of those things you mentioned, which is what both of them have been training for years, but you can't teach someone to be a fighter. Make sense?

He came. I mean climaxed. I mean whatever but he's not going to be a champion. He should have grown up wrestling, not doing karate. That's his dad's B.[[/QUO
Actually, he wrestled in high school

God shut the fuck up, what comes after yellow card? we really should perm ban useless fucking posters like this.
I stated my opinion. You state yours, just because mine is right and rationally states doesn’t mean you have to get hurt and emotional.

Well, he couldn't wrestle for shit in his first few UFC fights.

He has actually taken his opponent down and controlled them for a bit in his last 2 fights. I'm actually kinda impressed lately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back