So does Erick Silva get cut from the UFC now?

Why would the UFC cut one of their most promising young prospects? He just had an off night against Mein, give him some time, he'll be back.

These kidz need time to grow into their full potential slight hiccup he'll brush it off and be back...

Seriously, though, they need to look at several things, one of which someone already mentioned: how many Brazil shows are we doing in the next few years? Unless you have some super-hot prospect outside of the UFC that you have to make room for, I can see them keeping him around for Brazil baby face duty.

Two fight losing skid and 1-4 in his last 5 fights. I don't think its the end of the world if he does get cut. I reckon this kid could go to Bellator, rack up a few wins and become champ then come back to the UFC with some confidence and where he'll then reach his full potential.
stop using "Erick Silva" and "potential" in the same thread

He has close to a .500 record in the big show, should be still in or just past his physical prime and can’t hang with fringe top 10 guys... maybe keep him to crush guys in the Brazil cards, or feed him to prospects to get a name win off of.

We must face the facts...

The once promising Erik Silva is officially a journeyman
<{hughesimpress}>

C'mon guys. He just needs to stop having sympathy for his opponents.
You all saw how he can't help himself even with urges to fist bump them in the middle of the fight.
Immature but then again he's just a kid, give him time. He will learn.

He needs to go. He looks worse every fight

He should probably just retire. He's like 40 years old.
Fake news! I was meant to keep the secret for Dana but I'll tell you: he's in fact underaged and just about to hit the puberty soon! Just don't tell anyone , it's a guaranteed lawsuit when anyone finds out!

Lol@ becoming Bellator champ.
The next 15-20 could have just about anything in store for this dangerous young talent... We just have to ride these wilderness years out to see where the potential takes him.

Seriously, though, they need to look at several things, one of which someone already mentioned: how many Brazil shows are we doing in the next few years? Unless you have some super-hot prospect outside of the UFC that you have to make room for, I can see them keeping him around for Brazil baby face duty.
paulo-costa-ufc-217-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

I would say Paulo Costa is the next biggest thing after Erick Silva. We're now just seeing Paulo Costa enter his prime and I think he can fill the void until Erick Silva matures a bit more.

How amazing would it be if he got cut, went to Bellator, became champ, returned to the UFC and actually went on to become the longest defending champs in UFC history. I’d love that for him considering how cuntish we’ve been about him over the years.

Back