So does Erick Silva get cut from the UFC now?

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two fight losing skid and 1-4 in his last 5 fights. I don't think its the end of the world if he does get cut. I reckon this kid could go to Bellator, rack up a few wins and become champ then come back to the UFC with some confidence and where he'll then reach his full potential.

Give him a chance he is only.... ahh fuck it

Yes.

Time to take his youth and potential to Bellator

Maybe they should give him to CM Punk as an opponent. I might actually give punk a 10% chance to make it into round 2, which gives him a great chance at Silva having nothing left in the tank.

I think they give him one or two more fights. He's a decent enough name to fill some Brazil cards.

He's 1-4 in his last 5. He should definitely be cut.

I would say so...

A prospect so young needs some time to develop his skill set outside of the UFC.

C'mon guys. He just needs to stop having sympathy for his opponents.
You all saw how he can't help himself even with urges to fist bump them in the middle of the fight.

He should probably just retire. He's like 40 years old.

We won't see his full potential until he gets away from Usada

The Obsessive Compulsive in me says give him one more fight. He's 19-9 overall. One more win and he's 20-9 (which for whatever reason is infinitely more aesthetically pleasing than 19-9) or one more loss and he's 19-10 and off to another organization. Have him be a stepping stone I say. Maybe only have him fight in Brazil. I don't know why but I still enjoy watching the guy fight.

That's the problem with guys like Erick coming to the UFC so young; its no playground young man. I could only hope that this seed will eventually blossom into a beautiful rose

Ya his hype train has been derailed for years, really his only notable win is Koscheck? Get Fitch to fight him again and I'm sure he could still beat his ass for another fifteen minutes.

Does anyone know how many fights are left on his contract ? For some reason I think he’s getting cut for sure.

The kids barely out of diapers, just a bump in the road...FlashAnnotate-2.jpg

Why is everyone so hard on this kid? He's still growing, and is one of the hottest prospects. Give him time.

Back