So do you approve the UFC doing just bleed fox main events or do you want bigger fights ?

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
upload_2018-1-20_0-8-25.pngAre you cool with the UFC doing JB fights like Stephens vs Emmett and Dustin Poirier vs Justin Gaethje as UFC on fox main events or you want bigger fights ? I personally dont mind because we know these two fights will deliver. Wbu ? Also which fight is the bigger just bleed fight Poirer/Gaethje or Stephens vs Emmett ?

Last edited:
Put them all on Fox and FS1.

Gaethje guaranteed, every time.

Completely approve. As to which is the bigger fight, I'd have to go with Emmett-Stephans since they're both coming off big divisional wins whereas Gaethje is coming off a big loss.

Completely approve. As to which is the bigger fight, I'd have to go with Emmett-Stephans since they're both coming off big divisional wins whereas Gaethje is coming off a big loss.
Bigger JB fight. Like which fight will have more blood and gore. I dont mean more bigger for the title picture. Which fight will produce more violence ?

Last edited:
We can only approve. With an event or two like every month, it's nearly impossible to have any bigger fights at every event without injuring the top talents to an extent. Save the title fights and top 5 fights for the PPV's and the rest for other events. As long as the match-up makes sense (not like #5 vs. #20) and it involves more than just the "average" fighter, I'm fine by it.

Bigger JB fight. Like which fight will have more blood and gore. I dont mean more bigger for the title picture. Which fight will produce more violence ?

Ah I gotcha. Silly me. In that case, Saint Gaethje and Saint Poirier are almost guaranteed to make a bigger and more spectacular offering to their deity, The Just Bleed God.

I'd rather have just bleed fights than WMMA title fights, which is probably our only other option tbh unless they start putting MM back on there.

The next Fox card kinda sucks, Fili vs. Dennis isnt a co main worthy fight of even a FS1 card.

I actually think this is the most intelligent business decision too. I don't think us hard-cores drive their ratings, but the casuals do.

And since they can't afford to put their legitimate draws on free TV, viewership wise I doubt it makes a difference if they put the elite talents or the just bleed guys on. I think viewership has historically been driven by what leads in to the fights.

And if you want to make an impression you go with the guys who will deliver violence.

I'll never forget their 2nd ever FOX card. Fucking Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis main event. Co-headlined by who you ask? None other than Damien Maia. And rounded out by pillow-puncher Bisping vs another wrestling blanket in Chael Sonnen. That card was long and boring. I remember getting my buddies together to watch it and one fell asleep, no lie. And the rest wished they had. That card did great numbers, but the next FOX card was a big drop and they never got back up to those first couple shows (novelty was arguably a bigger factor in that, but still).

When that card was put together I didn't know what the fuck they were thinking and I still don't.

I remember when the ufc was one event every couple of months and I had to buy pride ppv or dvds. Any free MMA with good fights works for me.

I think it’s a smart move. All the fighters in these main events are ranked and if you give them an audience plus some pre fight highlights packages. They might actually create so mid to upper ranges stars.

I actually think this is the most intelligent business decision too. I don't think us hard-cores drive their ratings, but the casuals do.

And since they can't afford to put their legitimate draws on free TV, viewership wise I doubt it makes a difference if they put the elite talents or the just bleed guys on. I think viewership has historically been driven by what leads in to the fights.

And if you want to make an impression you go with the guys who will deliver violence.

I'll never forget their 2nd ever FOX card. Fucking Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis main event. Co-headlined by who you ask? None other than Damien Maia. And rounded out by pillow-puncher Bisping vs another wrestling blanket in Chael Sonnen. That card was long and boring. I remember getting my buddies together to watch it and one fell asleep, no lie. And the rest wished they had. That card did great numbers, but the next FOX card was a big drop and they never got back up to those first couple shows (novelty was arguably a bigger factor in that, but still).

When that card was put together I didn't know what the fuck they were thinking and I still don't.

Pretty much the UFC was Rashad and the Audience was Phil for that card. Total slog to get through.
The Bisping Chael Fight was okay cos it was hard fought and close but the rest killed me

I almost want weaker fights for the fox events. Either of those would be a great #3 fight on 220 or 221 adding more value to these.

You can tell the UFC are looking to part ways with FOX and are seeing out the contract, the quality of FOX cards has gone dramatically downhill in the past couple of years. Let this sink in, if you will....on UFC on FOX 27's main card, Bobby Green vs. Erik Koch is the second televised fight, after Gregor Gillespie vs. Jordan Rinaldi. The latter is a good fight, but FOX main card material used to have guys like Cerrone kicking off the main card for fuck's sake.

Back