So did Punk not bring in many PPV buys?

WWE fans are not as stupid as people think.

Brock entered the UFC and actually put up a fight against Frank. Punk just got fucking washed BOTH times.

Aint no body got time for dat. MMA or WWE fans.

hqdefault.jpg
<{nope}>

Any success or failure of a UFC card has to fall solely on the UFC itself.

They are a promotional company, not a league. It is their job to promote plain and simple. Either they can get people interested or they can't.

Casual fans went to Buffalo Wild Wings.. the same place they watch WWE... Hardcore fans... well most seem to stream events these days. Plus. Increasing the PPV price while in a down market as of late didn't seem to help.

Any success or failure of a UFC card has to fall solely on the UFC itself.

They are a promotional company, not a league. It is their job to promote plain and simple. Either they can get people interested or they can't.
None of the fighters are marketable.

None of the fighters are marketable.
Maybe if you're shit at promotion. Good promotional companies can sell you stuff you didn't even know you wanted.

Read somewhere that 225 had a low buy rate. Which means:

1. The sport is dying, considering the epic card excluding Punk fight
2. Punk isn't a draw anymore.

With such a tarnished reputation he can't feel great about it. No WWE fan is going to want to see him. No UFC is going to want to see him. Hope he's not too depressed, but I can see him retiring and leading a pretty secluded life style from now onwards. Who would want to leave the house when the whole world thinks you're a joke and a meme.

You shouldn't be allowed to say the sport is dying If you joined in 2018.

WWE will take him back. They take everyone back. Hogan shit the bed many times, but they take him back.
Huh it's Punk that doesn't want to come back. It's not them that wouldn't take him back.

Read somewhere that 225 had a low buy rate. Which means:

1. The sport is dying, considering the epic card excluding Punk fight
2. Punk isn't a draw anymore.

With such a tarnished reputation he can't feel great about it. No WWE fan is going to want to see him. No UFC is going to want to see him. Hope he's not too depressed, but I can see him retiring and leading a pretty secluded life style from now onwards. Who would want to leave the house when the whole world thinks you're a joke and a meme.
Lol get a life

lol

WWE fans don't give a shite about MMA.

Homie will still make bank there.
WWE/F fan since the 80s. MMA fan since the 90s....

I knew punk was going to be bad in MMA... That said, I'd like to see him back in wwe but I don't think that is going to happen.

I thought CM Punk and King Colby were supposed to be super ultra mega mega draws????????????

You know what happens after this Ppv? Another Ppv next month 2 fight nights, Tuesday night contender series and every fight ever on fight pass.

It's saturation, and all your mega stars are in wwe or committing assault with moving equipment. It also doesn't help that the people at top can't promote worth a shit.

Ppv model is the issue not ufc

200,000 of those buys were hard core cm fans

the other 49,900 were MMA fans and 100 were colby fans.

Really though? No they know he's the equivalent of last guy to get picked on the sports team.

One is for morons, one isnt, you decide.
I ain't disagree with you on that, just saying. WWE fans aren't interested in MMA.

He probably sold some tickets for his first fight because I'm sure some people were curious whether he'd be any good. He solved that problem by proving for certain that he sucks ass.

No talent+no curiosity=
200.gif

he probably brought in a lot of buys the first time, but he looked awful in his first fight then took off a long time

Punk changed his gimmick to "Humble Phil" which is not what the UFC contracted. If I were them, I'd ask for a percentage of the funds they gave him back. Alternatively, have Punk do some make-goods on some of their various programs. Maybe start a reality show around Punk and Holly Holm living in a house together.
Not a lawyer, but I can say with relative certainty that contracts don't work that way lol. I guess the UFC should give bonus checks to fighters who exceed expectations? GTFOH

Back