So did McGregor have another kid besides the one with Dee or what?

Your implication over numerous replies was a true champion shouldn't shit talk. I just supplied an analogy which touched on Fedor that most people don't have a problem with.
Do you have an issue with fighters cutting weight?

Personally I can't stand shit talking and weight cutting. I see weight cutting as far worse, a form of legalised cheating and is no different to any performance enhancer.

Worse yet it endangers both fighters at the same time. Contrary to popular thought around here I say fuck the guy cutting weight.

There is the potential for someone to be fighting at the low end of the weight range to be fighting someone 25pounds over the high end. Negating the very reason weight classes were introduced in the first place.....fighter safety.

My point is everyone sees things differently and while it annoys me at times shit talking can be a tool like any other. Fedor never used a lot of tools other fighters do I. E. double leg take-downs yet we don't imply that champs that do aren't real champs

No, that's your perception and incorrect logic.

My exact statement has always been that a great fighter doesn't have to use anything other than fighting. If you feel that you have to get a mental edge, it's because deep down you think your technical ability isn't as good as others.

Conor is the perfect example with Nate and even in this situation with Eddie.

Other, more dominate champs didn't need to start talking trash, because they didn't feel the need.

You have professional sports experience yet you aren't aware of flow state and how emotion affects flow state?

Ok lol

And no, I don't have professional sports experience, but apparently I'm more aware than you of the mental side and how the brain works with regards to emotions and performance.

Conor puts his opponents on tilt so they don't perform well, and for some reason you're claiming this is a fault on his part lol

Don't be disingenuous and insert a new argument.

This has never been about emotions, it's always been about the psychology of feeling the need to initiate trash talk. If a fighter does this, it's because THEY lack belief in their own abilities and that they have to do something else to get an edge.

This is a fact.

My exact statement has always been that a great fighter doesn't have to use anything other than fighting. If you feel that you have to get a mental edge, it's because deep down you think your technical ability isn't as good as others.

Other, more dominate champs didn't need to start talking trash, because they didn't feel the need.

Lol no worries.

To me a great fighter uses anything at his disposal. Its when you go outside the rules to win you are shit and less for it as you haven't actually won. We fight as a pretend contest of sorts with agreed upon limitations which we implement to mitigate the cost of a true war. Someone cheating hasn't won as the other person may not be due to restraining themselves, in real situation there would be no restraint and the outcome may well be different. By cheating you delude yourself first.

There is no rule for shit talk and as such I disagree with you until there is. Conner's opponents are welcome to do the same or act with dignity, ignore it and let their actions speak for themselves. I think you are rationalising an underlining feeling you have towards McGregor.

This has never been about emotions, it's always been about the psychology of feeling the need to initiate trash talk. If a fighter does this, it's because THEY lack belief in their own abilities and that they have to do something else to get an edge.

This is a fact.

No that is one possibility another is he's just a shit stirrer, another it's a cultural trait(suberb, town, state, country) and another is he is so driven he will do whatever he needs to for his goals(personal, financial and career)

You are imposing your own perception on this

This is a fact.

"it's because THEY lack belief in their own abilities and that they have to do something else to get an edge."

Or they don't lack belief and just want to gain an extra edge.

Lol @ "that is a fact".

You are clueless and you sound like an idiot. That is a fact.

So Ali trash talked because he knew be was less skillful than his opponents ?
This is ridiculous and sounds like you don't like trash talkers (Conor)and that's fine, but to say they trash talk because they feel they need to in order to win is false.

You really revealed yourself by naming Conor/Nate as an example.
Conor trash talked Nate because he felt that he was less technically skilled than Nate ???
C'mon man.

It's all about personality and selling the fight. Not everyone has a stoic blank stare at all times.
Some guys are funny/witty naturally and it comes out.

This is a fact.
Case in point......
giphy_1.gif

So Ali trash talked because he knew be was less skillful than his opponents ?
This is ridiculous and sounds like you don't like trash talkers (Conor)and that's fine, but to say they trash talk because they feel they need to in order to win is false.

You really revealed yourself by naming Conor/Nate as an example.
Conor trash talked Nate because he felt that he was less technically skilled than Nate ???
C'mon man.

It's all about personality and selling the fight. Not everyone has a stoic blank stare at all times.
Some guys are funny/witty naturally and it comes out.

Yes, Ali trash talked because he did not completely believe in his abilities.

He was nervous of other guys power and the speed at which they applied that power.

And despite what modern media might preach to you about Ali, he was not even close to being the greatest boxer of all time.

Hell, Ali is the perfect example of my point.

"it's because THEY lack belief in their own abilities and that they have to do something else to get an edge."

Or they don't lack belief and just want to gain an extra edge.

Lol @ "that is a fact".

You are clueless and you sound like an idiot. That is a fact.

I understand that you like fake wrestling, but you clearly have no experience with human psychology.

My point has been made and you saying, " Nuh uh, you sound like an idiot" is pretty much equal to you having nothing else of value to add, being frustrated and lashing out.

And don't try to correct this now that I have pointed it out, it will just make you look silly.

No that is one possibility another is he's just a shit stirrer, another it's a cultural trait(suberb, town, state, country) and another is he is so driven he will do whatever he needs to for his goals(personal, financial and career)

You are imposing your own perception on this

Now see, this is a proper argument and position.

While I don't agree that you can be dominate, mentally sound and a shit stirrer, cultural traits and driven to make money could be valid.

That being said, I can just go back to when he was fighting nobodies and he did the same thing, but the intensity of his shit talking increased when he fought more dangerous people, even when not in the UFC and I say that's because he KNOWS he has flaws and he is trying to deflect the other fighter from focussing on these flaws.

We all know that his ground game is terrible, he knows it too, so he tries to bait people into angry standing wars in order to avoid the ground.

This is pretty sound evidence of my point.

Back