So... Cormier vs Miocic superfight now?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
UFC was working on Miocic vs Jonnes before he killed his legacy.

So let's see DC vs Stipe. That would be a great fight between two great champions.

UFC 219:

Cormier vs Miocic
Overeem vs Ngannou
Gustafsson vs Oezdemir

These fights are connected and i would love to see them throw down on the same card. The timing works out too.

Throw in Aldo vs Swanson and RDA vs Lawler and we have a real PPV ladies and gentlemen

Last edited:

I remember DC mentioned to Helwani he had something exciting to share, we never heard what it was because he lost. He mentioned it in a pre-fight interview. I wonder if it was related to the HW division.

Last edited:
It should honestly happen. DC/Gus 2 is un-interesting, and so is Miocic/Reem 2. With Cain being out for at least another 6 months, this would be a good opportunity for Cormier to hold 2 belts.

Shame it could have been Jones/Miocic instead...

That'd be pretty awkward. They were going to do Jones/Miocic because Jones is a draw and was coming off of returning to spectacularly finish a champ(yes, it's established how that panned out).

Booking DC coming off of recovering from a brutal KO lo- err, NC to fight Stipe where casuals hardly know about one and don't have the most glowing current perception of the other seems like a bad idea.

I know hardcore fans have a terribly hard time trying to see things outside of their fixed views but Jones/DC II was the biggest non-Conor/Ronda/Brock card since, well Jones/DC 1. The timing is just off altogether I'd say.

That'd be pretty awkward. They were going to do Jones/Miocic because Jones is a draw and was coming off of returning to spectacularly finish a champ(yes, it's established how that panned out).

Booking DC coming off of recovering from a brutal KO lo- err, NC to fight Stipe where casuals hardly know about one and don't have the most glowing current perception of the other seems like a bad idea.

I know hardcore fans have a terribly hard time trying to see things outside of their fixed views but Jones/DC II was the biggest non-Conor/Ronda/Brock card since, well Jones/DC 1. The timing is just off altogether I'd say.
You are truly misinformed if you think Jones is that much of a bigger draw than DC. They are on the same level when it comes to drawing power.

Their RIVALRY is what made UFC 214 so succesful. They make money together. Casuals hardly know either man but their feud was so significant.

If Jones is such a big draw why did his fight with OSP pulling bad numbers? Every fight Jones had (except Chael and Rashad) never pulled in impressive numbers.

Jones was on the VERGE of becoming a star but he blew it.

DC would man handle Miocic for 5 rounds. Honestly DC is probably the 2nd best fighter behind Jones in the UFC

the Cain vs miocic fight would have to happen first.

No way Cormier would do Cain like that

You are truly misinformed if you think Jones is that much of a bigger draw than DC. They are on the same level when it comes to drawing power.

Their RIVALRY is what made UFC 214 so succesful. They make money together.

If Jones is such a big draw why did his fight with OSP pulling bad numbers? Every fight Jones had (except Chael and Rashad) never pulled in impressive numbers.

Jones was on the VERGE of becoming a star but he blew it.

If the UFC is of the same mind that DC/Stipe will draw the same as Jones/Stipe then I'm sure they'll jump at it.

Ofc, the Jones/DC rivalry did good business for both. Pretty sure there's enough out there to show Jones draws on average better buyrates. Outside of that, ticket sales, internet traffic, vid. views, social media, etc all point to JJ being the bigger star by a sizable margin.

For sure, Jon cost himself the opportunity to take himself to a new level with fights against Brock, Stipe, and so on.

Anyways, my overall point remains about DC/Stipe doing nothing for the casual crowd with the timing. Hardcore would likely buy it and they usually account for a consistent 200k-300k base. Just missing what it takes to get what a superfight akin to GSP/Penn II or GSP/Bisping pulls in(granted TBD).

LHW is trash, and Miocic would fuck DC up.

If DC can pull off a successful title defense at 205, I think you'll see him retire and vacate, he's not getting any younger.

First book the Gus rematch, and feed Stipe some random HW. Then if they both win, do the big champ vs champ fight.

That'd be fucking amazing.

DC would man handle Miocic for 5 rounds. Honestly DC is probably the 2nd best fighter behind Jones in the UFC
hes not going to wrestle rape a wrestler like stipe.stipe would put him out with one good punch
and hes not even close to being the second best fighter in the ufc.prbly top 20.

Back