So Conor vs Nate 3 has to be booked before Oct 7.

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...for it to be even slightly sellable as a legit fight for the belt ?

First , i know full well that Conor/Nate 3 will do well and even better than Conor vs /Tony/Lee/Khabib .
Im talking about sellability as a legit titlefight in the eyes of the non casual fan . Say if Tony beats Lee and does so without getting hurt, that will propell him to 10 straight LW wins. How would Dana and co legitimate a Nate titleshot after that ?
If they however book Nate/Conor before oct 7 then they could atleast play the " Tony was already booked" card.

Thoughts ?

First , i know full well that Conor/Nate 3 will do well and even better than Conor vs /Tony/Lee/Khabib .
Im talking about sellability as a legit titlefight in the eyes of the non casual fan .

Stopped here ^^^ figured I was being trolled...

First , i know full well that Conor/Nate 3 will do well and even better than Conor vs /Tony/Lee/Khabib

Will it really? Been there done that. We don't really know what Conor will sell against the rest of these guys since he hasnt fought any of them.

Casuals can be easily convinced of anything.

Winner of Conner/Nate fights winner of khabi / tony vs. Lee. Connor is running the show. Nate is coming out of retirement for one last fat paycheck.

...for it to be even slightly sellable as a legit fight for the belt ?

Im talking about sellability as a legit titlefight in the eyes of the non casual fan . Say if Tony beats Lee and does so without getting hurt, that will propell him to 10 straight LW wins. How would Dana and co legitimate a Nate titleshot after that ?
If they however book Nate/Conor before oct 7 then they could atleast play the " Tony was already booked" card.

Thoughts ?
If they make this fight,for Connie'sLW belt,then the UFC is gone bananas and should go broke.

Starting to think Dana or whoever is doing the matchmaking these days is a casual at this point.

why? I'm guessing you misunderstood TS...

McGregor/Diaz III seen as a legit title fight to non casual fans, what's there to be misunderstood about that line? I'm a non casual and in no way would I look at McGregor/Diaz III as a legit title fight with Ferguson & Khabib around.

McGregor/Diaz III seen as a legit title fight to non casual fans, what's there to be misunderstood about that line? I'm a non casual and in no way would I look at McGregor/Diaz III as a legit title fight with Ferguson & Khabib around.
Yeah you misunderstood.

Is a title fight more sellable with or without an interim champ waiting for a fight? Just answer

Yeah you misunderstood.

Is a title fight more sellable with or without an interim champ waiting for a fight? Just answer

No I didn't misunderstood any part or talk of McGregor/Diaz III as title fight is not legit plain & simple, only legit to Connie's thinking Conor can squeeze out a win.

What has Khabib done over the past 3 years to warrant a title shot?

What has Khabib done over the past 3 years to warrant a title shot?

Subbed MJ who Diaz took to a decision and still remains undefeated more than I can say for Conor and still more legit than Diaz right here, right now for the right to fight...

Winner of Conner/Nate fights winner of khabi / tony vs. Lee. Connor is running the show. Nate is coming out of retirement for one last fat paycheck.

You circumvented the entire point of the thread

There seem to be some confusion. Im talking about the date. If they book Nate Conor AFTER the Ferguson Lee fight will that not make Nate Conor 3 an even harder sell ? Im not talking about PPV sales but selling it as a legit LW titlefight

There seem to be some confusion. Im talking about the date. If they book Nate Conor AFTER the Ferguson Lee fight will that not make Nate Conor 3 an even harder sell ? Im not talking about PPV sales but selling it as a legit LW titlefight

Whoever winz that interim title Conor shouldn't be allowed to fight until the belts are unified, if that Diaz fight is made it would have to be non title...

Back