So basically Michael said GSP thinks it's a fairy tale.

It's an MMA fight where he out landed Henderson in every single round apart from the first. He won the majority of the 2nd until the knockdown, and won every single round after that. Whether he "beat" Henderson in the opinion of some random dude on the internet is irrelevant. All 3 judges gave him the fight, most of the MMA media gave him the fight, and more fans gave him the fight than Henderson.

I personally had it 48-47 and I can see an argument for a draw, but the majority of the MMA community and the judges have it the same way. I'm sorry some people can't get over that.

Well aren't you just a tad over defensive.

And for this random dude on the internet opinion.. know they are more out there, a lot more even if they aren't as vocal like say Diaz 1,2,5.

<Fedor23>

Somebody needs to make him watch the Hughes 2,Serra 2, mayhem and trigg fights for example. Throw the herion fight in there Too for good measure.

Those were dominant ASS BEATINGS
He also beat the living shit out of Fitch and basically ruined Kos' eye permanently in the rematch.

If GSP had power, these poor guys would have been dead.

Well aren't you just a tad over defensive.

And for this random dude on the internet opinion.. know they are more out there, a lot more even if they aren't as vocal like say Diaz 1,2,5.

<Fedor23>
I didn't realise I was coming off as defensive. My bad.

I know there are people out there who disagree with the decision, but my point is they're in the minority, the judges are against them, the media are against them, the fans are against them, and pretty much everyone else has accepted the result. I think it's time to get over it.

Bisping is somewhat correct....

If you had told me Rush would be fighting the Count for the MW strap 2 years ago I would have thought you were living in a fairy tale fantasy.
It would have actually been easier to believe GSP would be fighting for the belt 2yrs from then than Bisping winning and "defending" the title.

But how does this prove GSP isn't a point fighting blanket?

He has multiple finishes in his career. He fought more aggressively as a contender, because he had the luxury of nothing to lose. As a champ, he fought smart, avoided taking damage, and controlled his opponents and dictated how the fight went down. Not really sure why this is so difficult for you to understand.

He took the fight to his opponents, not sit back and wait for counters. Or in Conor's case, avoid all contenders and try to chase a one on one matchup with Michael Jordan or a passing competition against Tom Brady.

even if Bisping is favoured and a "bad matchup", he clearly represents the best opportunity GSP will have to grab the MW belt. It is also a bigger fight than one with Cryin' Tyron, and a loss doesn't preclude GSP from still challenging at 170.

regardless of the odds, the fight makes ALL kinds of sense for GSP, the UFC, and Bisping.

I didn't realise I was coming off as defensive. My bad.

I know there are people out there who disagree with the decision, but my point is they're in the minority, the judges are against them, the media are against them, the fans are against them, and pretty much everyone else has accepted the result. I think it's time to get over it.

Fair enough I guess.

We did accept it.. Hendo is that old that it will be embarrassing to have the strap on a 47 year old 'ultimate fighter' what the heck.

I have faith in GSP! I like Bisping, but at the same time I like GSP. I think GSP has more to lose, as he's mentioned among GOAT contention. Even a draw could be a smear for GSP. Weight class doesn't matter when St-Pierre beat up on BJ Penn... ... ... ... But then I think of Bisping losing and feel sad.

This is one of those things where I won't know who I want to win until halfway through round one, like Cain vs. JDS.

even if Bisping is favoured and a "bad matchup", he clearly represents the best opportunity GSP will have to grab the MW belt. It is also a bigger fight than one with Cryin' Tyron, and a loss doesn't preclude GSP from still challenging at 170.

regardless of the odds, the fight makes ALL kinds of sense for GSP, the UFC, and Bisping.

As much as I don't like Bisping, he would be a bigger draw than Woodley. Two fighters both counting on landing GSP as an opponent so they can actually claim to be big draw after the numbers get counted.

Sadly, the one with the most to lose is GSP. The UFC wins with another solid draw other than Conor. Bisping and Woodley get money fights against a years-removed fighter. Lose and it's to a "GOAT", win and "they're one of best of all-time" (over a rusty opponent... even though they won't highlight that fact)... and they get paid well off of his name and not their own.

Win or lose, I only see two or three more fights in GSP's future, and one is almost certain to be against McGregor.

From what I remember, GSP outgrappled Bisping before and Bisping was always a little salty about it. No reason to think he couldn't do it again. Bisping isn't any spring chicken anymore either, and all GSP has to do is circle away from Pissbing's good eye and wait for him to commit and counter with takedowns. GSP's rinse and repeating his way to a 50-45.

As much as I don't like Bisping, he would be a bigger draw than Woodley. Two fighters both counting on landing GSP as an opponent so they can actually claim to be big draw after the numbers get counted.

Sadly, the one with the most to lose is GSP. The UFC wins with another solid draw other than Conor. Bisping and Woodley get money fights against a years-removed fighter. Lose and it's to a "GOAT", win and "they're one of best of all-time" (over a rusty opponent... even though they won't highlight that fact)... and they get paid well off of his name and not their own.

Win or lose, I only see two or three more fights in GSP's future, and one is almost certain to be against McGregor.

From what I remember, GSP outgrappled Bisping before and Bisping was always a little salty about it. No reason to think he couldn't do it again. Bisping isn't any spring chicken anymore either, and all GSP has to do is circle away from Pissbing's good eye and wait for him to commit and counter with takedowns. GSP's rinse and repeating his way to a 50-45.

Bisping and GSP had a back and forth about it during the presser. George said he handled him and he knew it bisping didn't deny it but said would be different in an actual fight or something to that extent. His facial expressions body language and actions led me to beleive he was lashing out to project because he was scared of loosing to GSP because of the ragdolling he received in sparring.

As much of a lame Bisping is seeing GSP get TKO'd again would be great. He lost his last fight too. Most overrated fighter of all time. A double KO would be most satisfying

Please, do everyone a favor and just sign out of your sherdog account and never sign back in.

Thanks.

Says the person who likes watching a guy lay on another guy for 25 minutes which is what all of GSP fights look like.
If you watch fights and have homosexual thoughts then keep that shit to yourself.
Says the person who likes watching a guy lay on another guy for 25 minutes which is what all of GSP fights look like.
Lol it's like you don't realize that you're admitting to having gay thoughts when you watch GSP fight.

Back