So.......are you tired of being slaves to the 1% yet?

So, just so I am clear, a trust fund baby is born into millions, never wants or works for anything in his life, and then not only votes against economic-mobility-related policy measures out of self interest, but spends his money propagating the idea that he's harder working and better than everyone else and that poor people starving to death don't deserve his hard-earned money because they're lazy (even if they're working 60 hours a week, dealing with chronic health issues)....

And you feel bad for him?

Feel bad for the poor and downtrodden who were damned to living in squalor and misery just by virtue of their place and manner of birth, and by the persistence of simpleton democratic guardians of wealth who just feel so gosh darn bad for the Eric and Ivanka Trumps of the world, because they never had to want for anything.

Trump voters all have a mentality that they need to keep the poor from a seat at the middle class table, expecting that the wealthy will give them a seat at theirs.

Basically one nerd bullying another nerd hoping the other bullies will except them. Instead they just get beat up too.

wealth inequality is a fucking great thing

fucking cultural marxists.

I don't disagree with your final point on the importance of inherited wealth but utilizing your example, how do you feel about this current state of the public's disposition..."damn those billionaires"?

Does this sense of hopelessness, due to the sheer difficulty and time requirement of acquiring wealth, make sense to you or do you feel smart financial habits and decisions are fruitful in the long run?
- I ask because this might be the 5th "rich people" thread in 2days.

I think the public is right, their position makes absolute sense to me because I see both sides of it. On one hand, I work hard to build my small business and my wife does the same. We mostly live within the means of our own sweat equity. OTOH, I went to a very good college and I went to law school. And my classes were filled with very smart, very hard-working people who work long hours chasing the American dream and they will not end up anywhere near my net worth for reasons that have nothing to do with character stuff that gets thrown around.

I know teachers who toiled for 15 years before they cracked $100k year. I know people with Master's degrees in engineering who barely make $60k. And I know guys who make $250k+. I know lawyers who 10 years out are struggling to build a sustainable practice, doing doc review year in, year out. In all honesty, hard work has nothing to do with why one of them makes more money than the other.

So, smart financial habits and decisions are fruitful in the long run but it's fallacious when people suggest, overtly or subtly, that the difference between the guy who's struggling to make ends meet and the guy who's stacking $150k/yr is in any way purely reflective of their effort or their character.

I didn't appreciate this when I was younger. I assumed you go out work hard and eventually you stack chips. The reality is different. You go out and work hard and you stack what you're paid but the line between doing okay and doing really well is not easy to find or cross. And by the time, most people are facing the reality that their education and career choices aren't going to result in economic freedom so much time has been lost that it's nigh impossible to chart a new path.

I don't think many people realize just unprepared they are for ever really retiring. THey're so busy pointing to the alleged failings of those with less than them that they don't realize just how far they are themselves from the type of financial independence they claim they want. And the truth is, 90% of the population will never get there even if they make all of the right decisions because the math doesn't work in their favor.

I honesty feel bad for this 1% that didn't actually work, sweat, bleed & sacrifice for what they have

That is character building stuff. Not having to work hard and do without to sacrifice. That stuff makes you a better human. A better husband and a better father.

These 1% who inherited their wealth and did nothing to further it are sort of like empty vessels who have not lived a real life

See, but that's not true. They do work, sweat, bleed and sacrifice. They just don't have to do it for things that others do it for. And they certainly further it. You think they go to business schools and law schools and med schools and start businesses to not further the family wealth?

Building a new business is hard work whether you're starting with nothing or starting with $100k. I know a guy whose family is in the 9 figure range, he works his ass off. But he's not working his ass off for $100k. He works his ass off for 7 figures. But the family wealth means that he can ignore those $100k opportunities for the bigger fish and the family wealth means that he gets those opportunities. But he's works hard to get the deals and bring them to completion. The same as you and I. He just gets more money per deal.

I am a member of the 1%.

So I'm okay with this.

I hope to become a top 5% of the top 1% some day though.

You're not with me on what? Aren't all of the immigrant and Muslim and "shithole" threads basically about this very theme?

Top down

I've stopped basically going into those threads along with the non stop Nazi threads. But to each their own.

Seeing posters call for killing citizens in Alabama and Mods sit on their hands was a wake up call.

You see what you want to see I guess

See, but that's not true. They do work, sweat, bleed and sacrifice. They just don't have to do it for things that others do it for. And they certainly further it. You think they go to business schools and law schools and med schools and start businesses to not further the family wealth?

Building a new business is hard work whether you're starting with nothing or starting with $100k. I know a guy whose family is in the 9 figure range, he works his ass off. But he's not working his ass off for $100k. He works his ass off for 7 figures. But the family wealth means that he can ignore those $100k opportunities for the bigger fish and the family wealth means that he gets those opportunities. But he's works hard to get the deals and bring them to completion. The same as you and I. He just gets more money per deal.

I specifically addressed the type of person u are speaking of in my post. You must have missed it.

Top down

I've stopped basically going into those threads along with the non stop Nazi threads. But to each their own.

Seeing posters call for killing citizens in Alabama and Mods sit on their hands was a wake up call.

You see what you want to see I guess

Considering how often the over population threads end up with similar strategies or the religion threads suggesting that the world would be better off with less of a religious group or when someone commits a heinous crime and people advocate for said person dying from acts of violence, yes, I guess people see what they want to see.

People want hard line moderating...except when they don't.

Considering how often the over population threads end up with similar strategies or the religion threads suggesting that the world would be better off with less of a religious group or when someone commits a heinous crime and people advocate for said person dying from acts of violence, yes, I guess people see what they want to see.

People want hard line moderating...except when they don't.

Think you are living in the past a bit. Some of the stuff you are speaking of people were banned. The RECENT stuff I'm talking about went without repercussions.

I think saying whole groups of people should be murdered for the way they vote is a bit to far. Would you dub someone for saying all people of 1 color should be murdered? Of course you would. You guys would BAN that poster. And you should. There is a HUGE double standard in here that you do not choose to see. Now, I'm done with this and honestly, I didn't even read your PM reply. I know your stance and no amount of dialogue will change it

Like I said. Top Down. You see what you want to see. Or in your case, you choose not to see some things

I specifically addressed the type of person u are speaking of in my post. You must have missed it.

You addressed 2 different types.

I honesty feel bad for this 1% that didn't actually work, sweat, bleed & sacrifice for what they have.

That is character building stuff. Not having to work hard and do without to sacrifice. That stuff makes you a better human. A better husband and a better father.
Those who didn't work, sweat, bleed and sacrifice because that's character building stuff; and

These 1% who inherited their wealth and did nothing to further it are sort of like empty vessels who have not lived a real life

Those who don't work to further it are empty vessels.

I was addressing the first type because it suggests that they don't work hard or sacrifice.

Think you are living in the past a bit. Some of the stuff you are speaking of people were banned. The RECENT stuff I'm talking about went without repercussions.

I think saying whole groups of people should be murdered for the way they vote is a bit to far. Would you dub someone for saying all people of 1 color should be murdered?

Like I said. Top Down. You see what you want to see. Or in your case, you choose not to see some things

I'm living in the past? These complaints are about the past. You better define recent because that stuff comes up over and over again. That people don't remember it or they don't see it in other threads doesn't mean it's not being posted.

Listen, I get it. You think the modding is biased. Not only am I not going to change your mind, I'm not even going to try. Victimhood complexes in internet modding is very far down my list of issues needing attention.

Economic slaves, that is.

While simpletons and intellectual lightweights quibble about race politics, they're too miopic to realize that the great divide is no longer race....it's economic class. The 1% (white, black, yellow, whatever) is content with economically enslaving the 99%, regardless of how much melanin (or lack theroef) in their skin.

A few fun facts for you to ponder:

- The 40 richest people in the world, have more money than the poorest 3.5 BILLION people on the planet.

- Billionaires saw their wealth increase by $762 billion dollars in 12 months, enough to end global poverty 7x over.

- In 2017, 4 out of every 5 dollars of wealth generated, went to the top 1%, leaving the last dollar for the 99%.

- Wealth inequality is REAL, and it's only getting worse. The 1% will have you believe that it's a fair economic playing field for everyone, but that's far from the truth. The game is rigged against YOU, so that you can be farmed for your income, rather than become successful in your own right.

Have a nice day.

You sound poor. Stop blaming successful hard working people for you being a failure in life. The “1%” having money doesn’t stop other people from making money. It’s easy to become upper class in America but it takes time which most people don’t want to devote.

All the replies saying that people who complain about inequality are jealous/envious or something to the effect of "hey, just live your life, don't worry about it." are really missing the point, IMO.

Extreme wealth inequality is the cause of most of our societal problems. It's not simply a case of people wanting what others have. It's a case of a very select few hording wealth in a way that causes real suffering for others. Because not only does their hording of wealth mean that others are left with far less, the ultra rich also have a tendency to pay far less tax (percentage wise), meaning there's less to go around to fund important public services (education, health, etc).

I think a big part of the problem, is the numbers being discussed are too big to really comprehend. When people talk about billions of dollars, we are literally incapable of truly appreciating the vastness of the numbers. We hear billions (or even millions, for that matter) and we can only really think "that's a lot".

We fail to truly comprehend the OUTRAGEOUS imbalance. For instance, many members of the ultra rich earn the median yearly income in a matter of days, if not hours.

It's not simply a matter of more vs less. It's a matter of serious, literally unbelievable, extremes.

It has no new information, no studies, no novel or even personal opinions on the matter. What's the point? Any rational person knows that trajectory of wealth creation, and the OP's self-congratulation about not being one of the race-obsessed peons is pretentious in light of the economic reality of wealth being divided along race and nationality.

That's why the majority of my posts are biting at the ankles of other posters without quoting them.

Talk about pretentious...

I don't think social issues should be discounted and tossed aside (in fact economic issues are linked with social issues; intersectionality and all that) and I'll assume you're not meaning to do that TS. In any event, I get you - the wealth distribution gap is a worldwide problem and it's only getting worse, and the idea that anyone who comments / criticizes what's going on is jealous or not successful is a tired, disingenuous, facile argument. It's better for ultra-wealthy if we're bickering or pointing down than looking up. This is an incredibly serious problem that hurts billions of people and is putting the human race in jeopardy (wars, climate change, etc) and that's not an exaggeration.

Last edited:
All the replies saying that people who complain about inequality are jealous/envious or something to the effect of "hey, just live your life, don't worry about it." are really missing the point, IMO.

Extreme wealth inequality is the cause of most of our societal problems. It's not simply a case of people wanting what others have. It's a case of a very select few hording wealth in a way that causes real suffering for others. Because not only does their hording of wealth mean that others are left with far less, the ultra rich also have a tendency to pay far less tax (percentage wise), meaning there's less to go around to fund important public services (education, health, etc).

I think a big part of the problem, is the numbers being discussed are too big to really comprehend. When people talk about billions of dollars, we are literally incapable of truly appreciating the vastness of the numbers. We hear billions (or even millions, for that matter) and we can only really think "that's a lot".

We fail to truly comprehend the OUTRAGEOUS imbalance. For instance, many members of the ultra rich earn the median yearly income in a matter of days, if not hours.

It's not simply a matter of more vs less. It's a matter of serious, literally unbelievable, extremes.

<5>

You said a much more articulate, poignant, version of what I was trying to say.

While simpletons and intellectual lightweights quibble about race politics, they're too miopic to realize that the great divide is no longer race....it's economic class. The 1% (white, black, yellow, whatever) is content with economically enslaving the 99%, regardless of how much melanin (or lack theroef) in their skin.

A few fun facts for you to ponder:

- The 40 richest people in the world, have more money than the poorest 3.5 BILLION people on the planet.

- Billionaires saw their wealth increase by $762 billion dollars in 12 months, enough to end global poverty 7x over.

- In 2017, 4 out of every 5 dollars of wealth generated, went to the top 1%, leaving the last dollar for the 99%.

- Wealth inequality is REAL, and it's only getting worse. The 1% will have you believe that it's a fair economic playing field for everyone, but that's far from the truth. The game is rigged against YOU, so that you can be farmed for your income, rather than become successful in your own right.

Have a nice day.

I would rather be a "slave" to the 1% of the ultra wealthy than a slave to the 23.1% that are on welfare (and the others that would follow).

I am too busy enjoying my great life I made for myself not to care to this extent of what the rich people are doing. If you are posting political discussion on a MMA forum it would be safe to guess you are doing ok vs the avg person in the world.

Are these blm football players part of the 1 percent?
Huge multi million dollar contracts, they make more money in a year then most will spend in a life time.

Have a nice day.

I like my job.

Back