So A Bear Claw Is Just A Glazed Donut?

Pliny Pete

Puts Butts In Seats
@plutonium
Reaction score
My buddy was stopping for coffee and asked if I wanted a donut and I said yea get me a bear claw but what I wanted was an apple fritter
I guess I said bear claw cause I was still half asleep
So I'm expecting a delicious cinnamon and apple crunchy deep fried treat and he hands me this horseshit and I'm like what the fuck
Its just a glazed donut but only dumber looking
What a disappointment this turned out to be

bear-claw.jpg

It didn't have a filling? The ones here have a filling.

What is an apple fritter?

I had a dutchie once and damn near filled that Tim's with uppercuts!

I noticed bear claws differ and only have the shape in common. Like bakers have their own takes on bear claws. I can't handle all that sugar anymore.

It didn't have a filling? The ones here have a filling.
It had like a speck of some weird sweet brown paste in it
And I mean literally one tiny speck of it near the middle
All in all a terrible treat, more like a punishment

It had like a speck of some weird sweet brown paste in it
And I mean literally one tiny speck of it near the middle
All in all a terrible treat, more like a punishment

Good bear claws have apple, cinnamon filling and it is delicious.

A bear claw should have no resemblance to a donut. That thing is an embarrassment.

A bearclaw in Texas is basially a cinammon roll thats puffy and in the shape of a paw.

apple fritters are the shit. im sorry for your loss.

Camel Toes > Bear Claws

There are multiple ways to make a bear claw however there is only one way to properly eat them:

Jelly filled donuts are where it's at.

Apple fritters be killin em. I have 2 bakeries that I buy them from, the best in town. One uses fresh apple and dehydratred apple chunks in the batter, dat texture contrast.

Idk how common they are but Apple Pershings are delicious as well. Sort of a light cinnamon roll with a thin slice of an apple round near the bottom of the doughnut.

Bear claws are a joke. Filled or plain, they are a shit-tier donught invented to fill empty space in a display case.

a D&D when I was growing up use to have donuts with strawberry and creme in them... they were so good. havent been able to find them since

Back