so 9/11 is today

I wanted to make a 9/11 joke but I was afraid it wouldn't land, just like those planes on 9/11

I was in 10th grade. My chemistry teacher stopped the class to make the announcement (must have been after the second plane hit). I didn't really grasp the reality of the situation, so I was making jokes about how Arnold Schwarzenegger would save the people (we had been talking about his upcoming movie, Collateral Damage). My teacher yelled at me, but my friends laughed.

I'm not proud of it, but I've gotta be one of the first people to have ever made a 9/11 joke.

I was in college at the time. I woke up right after the second plane hit and seen my roommate sitting in a chair crying.
He was from Jamaica and his aunt was a diplomat or something like that. She was in the second tower.
Over the next couple weeks, there was tons of phone calls from dignitaries from all over the world.

Would not think it customary to call nieces and nephews in that situation , but what do I know .

I was at work and we don't have a radio or tv so I didn't know anything had happened till my boss came out of his office and told us. We all went to my dads house and watched it on tv for like an hour or so then we went back to work. I don't think any of us actually realized the impact of what had just happened. It just seemed like a crazy accident until later when more details came out.

People around me were saying "is this going to be world war three"

I hadn't considered America would nuke someone over it, but looking back, other people seemed to be thinking that is what might happen.

I was in highschool. They wheeled one of those giant TV's into the classroom. Said this was a major event like the Kennedy assassination.

I thought there was going to be a full out war right there. I was ready.

9/11 was one day after I was offered my job with my fire department.

My mom called me up and asked me if I was sure I still wanted to be a firefighter after the towers collapsed. I told her I was never so sure about something in my entire life.

I remember my wife waking me up and saying a plane just hit the towers, so I rolled over, looked at the TV just in time to see the other asshole flying into it. We went up on the rooftop and saw the buildings start to collapse. It was impossible to take in, it was so fuckin weird, like we were watching a movie or something. There were huge clouds of dust and this fuckin smell, I can't even descrie what it was like, burning garbage maybe. You know they had debris from the towers all the way up to Flatbush. That's how big that explosion was. My wife was freaking out trying to call everybody but the phones were dead. You could hear nothing but sirens in every direction. There were jets and helicopters flying overhead every 10 minutes. It was fuckin nuts.

We saw all the people on the TV coming over the bridge trying to escape Manhattan. I was earning a little extra cabbying at the time so I went down to there to help out. I started picking people up and getting them home. I was cramming as many people as I could in my cab. Driving all over then going back and doing it again. It was a good thing. Helping people out, listening to their stories, pulling up to their houses and seeing how relieved they were to get back home to their families. I still get calls or cards from a lot of those people around this time and it's always a surprise that they even remember me.

This post brought some feels. Good on you brother

that was the start of my senior year in college (was preparing to study abroad and complete an internship that semester, so i wasn't in class at the time). I remember waking up, turning on the tube to CNN, and then watching shit unfold. Pretty surreal. On a side note, the flight i took to Korea a week after that took place was the nicest i ever took since there were literally like 15 people on the plane.

i had to be one of the later people in the the US to find out. The attacks happened between 5:45am-6:30am pacific time and i didnt find out until like 10:30 am. I was a sophomore in junior college living at home with my parents and i woke up a little bit late for school and then went to school and knowing i was late for first class just walked around campus a bit until my second class then i saw it had been canceled so i went home. When i got home around 10:30 my mom yelled out "did they cancel school" and i thought it was weird that would be her first thought so i said what do you mean and she said come here and i walked into her room and she had the tv on with the news. At that point, all 4 planes had already crashed and they were saying they were conifdent there would be no further planes and it was just crazy to me but i wasnt a very political type person so it didnt really impact me much.

I was in 10th grade. My chemistry teacher stopped the class to make the announcement (must have been after the second plane hit). I didn't really grasp the reality of the situation, so I was making jokes about how Arnold Schwarzenegger would save the people (we had been talking about his upcoming movie, Collateral Damage). My teacher yelled at me, but my friends laughed.

I'm not proud of it, but I've gotta be one of the first people to have ever made a 9/11 joke.
giphy.gif

Another big issue that even most conspiracy theorist don't know about are there were no floors in the world trade centers. No not literally no floors but very few floors in the building.

hqdefault.jpg

Most people who visited the twin towers were tourists and very few people actually worked in the building. At the time of it's construction New York had too much office space, so there was no need to add a bunch of floors, only a few floors for tourists were needed, and perhaps a few legitimate (maybe 30 or so) floors with legit floors with office space.

I believe. I used to live in a 91 floor building. You could get out on the mid level floors and literally walk off the edge of the building as there was no fitout or windows

I believe

I believe. I used to live in a 91 floor building. You could get out on the mid level floors and literally walk off the edge of the building as there was no fitout or windows

I believe

I never said there were no windows, basically what I was saying was the building was hollow. Essentially an empty tin can with a few floors.

I was in high school. It's a day that I'll never forget. I was worried that I had family killed in the Pentagon that day, but my family member left an office that was totally destroyed about an hour before the plane hit.

It was the day that altered the course of my life forever.

I remember playing Counterstrike that night and people stick on the Terrorist team were running up to CTs to be shot.

One game there was a mass T killing where everyone lined up and executed firing squad style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back