so 9/11 is today

Pied Piper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what do u remember from that day? I was a kid. (born in 93) I remember my mom was paranoid and didn't want to send me to school lol.

I remember the radio alarm going off and this DJ said that a plane smashed into one of
the twin towers. So I turned on the TV expecting seen a small passenger plane but
what saw was a report of another plane hitting the Pentagon.

Horrific day.

I remember listening to System of a Down a lot during that time. As far as how that specific day went, got picked up from school very early. Watch a lot of CNN, and for the first time in my life I felt like a patriot. I was too young to join the military at the time. I was a 6th grader.

It was a weird day. I was 19 and was supposed to be getting weed for quite a few friends. Then shit went down. Then people still wanted weed so we went and got it. And it felt really weird the whole way through. I didn't get the magnitude of it all that day, but I also knew there was something much bigger than me happening

I remember listening to System of a Down a lot during that time. As far as how that specific day went, got picked up from school very early. Watch a lot of CNN, and for the first time in my life I felt like a patriot. I was too young to join the military at the time. I was a 6th grader.
I still bought that record that day. The record store was open and I got two CDs that day. System of a Down and the soundtrack to Mariah Carey's Glitter that came out that day. I opened the Glitter soundtrack and it had Mariah in a I *heart* NYC shirt in the booklet. Spooky as fuck

I remember waking up and going into the living room and turning the TV on.

Immediately I ran into the news coverage but it took me a while to fully understand what was happening and the ramifications of that day. Honestly I never expected it to be as big of a deal as it was. It's not like their had never been hijackings where people were killed before.

I still bought that record that day. The record store was open and I got two CDs that day. System of a Down and the soundtrack to Mariah Carey's Glitter that came out that day. I opened the Glitter soundtrack and it had Mariah in a I *heart* NYC shirt in the booklet. Spooky as fuck

My b-day is on sept 12. The very next day my mother got me the green Weezer album, Crimson Skies for PC, and System of a Down's Toxicity album. Different times.

It happened before school for me. I was just getting up. Saw the TV. One building was on fire. I saw the second plane hit live. I wasn't expecting the buildings to collapse. After they did, I was hoping they would get rebuilt, bigger, better, stronger. Sadly, the building that replaced them is a vastly inferior eye sore. It's a God damn shame they were too cowardly to rebuild. Any other country would have rebuilt them exactly as they were.

I was like 11... and all i remember is being suspicious of the way the towers collapsed verticality so easily and remember thinking that the tower 7 was weird and looked like a controlled demolition.

My b-day is on sept 12. The very next day my mother got me the green Weezer album, Crimson Skies for PC, and System of a Down's Toxicity album. Different times.
It's hard to explain it to younger people, but that was the last moment where CDs were a actually a big deal

I was in 6th or 7th grade at the time. I didn't really understand the significance when I first heard about it.

I was a senior in high school. Watched it all day and when i got home my whole family was there. My dad made me go online and register for the draft lol

I was in high school. Watched the second plane hit live and the towers fall.

Then 12 years later, I was raising the Stars and Stripes over Multi National Base Tarin Kot in Afghanistan and listening to the words of the commander of the 4th ID saying the youngest US soldier in Afghanistan was 6 when the towers fell.

Carried that flag in my body armor for my whole deployment.

2 years ago I went to the Freedom Tower on 9/11 and stood in front of the memorial.

I was 15 years old in a super 8 motel in Fernley, Nevada

I woke up to it on the news and thought it must've been an accident. My older brother said we were going to war.

That all I have to say about that

I was going to college in DC at the time, I could see the smoke rising from the pentagon from the roof of my apartment building. It was a really surreal feeling, actually.

It was my sixteenth birthday. I had just started my sophomore year of high school i remember feeling oddly
vurnerable that day

Last edited:
It was a beautiful day, walked to work , flipped on the radio and heard , my first thought was bloody hell George Bush is in over his head

Back