So 2 belts on hold for the time being

<TrumpWrong1>

He'd beat the shit out of both, then the commission would rule it NC, to protect the illegitimacy of manlets in MMA. The current rules segregate them from fighters who would beat the shit out of them with ease, That's what makes them illegitimate.

All of the people Brock lost to in the UFC would trash MM and all of his opponents in one afternoon. There's a handful of people in the UFC who can actually beat Brock in a fight. There're hundreds who can beat MM and the entire flyweight division.

HW = real legitimate fighters. Flyweights = illegitimate entertaining manlets.
Why are you banging on about Flyweights? No one is saying DJ, Cejudo or Benavidez should be the next HW challenger. Since you're clearly a fan of nonsense, let's give Brock a shot at the FLW title, see how that goes.

Why are you banging on about Flyweights? No one is saying DJ, Cejudo or Benavidez should be the next HW challenger. Since you're clearly a fan of nonsense, let's give Brock a shot at the FLW title, see how that goes.

I'm bringing up flyweight to demonstrate how illegitimate the entire division is from a pure meritocratic standpoint compared to HW, and how absurd the criticism of DC vs. Brock being illegitimate/entertainment.

DC is 10x the fighter MM is, Brock is 10x the fighter Cejudo is, yet people question DC vs. Brock not MM vs. Cejudo 2. The former is actually a LEGIT fight, maybe not THE MOST legit in the UFC, but at least it's in the top 10-20.

MM vs. Cejudo 2 isn't even top 200 legitimate fight in the UFC. There're literally hundreds of UFC fighters who would beat the crap out of both. They're only there because weight class segregation protects their asses and people are entertained by manlets who can jump around really fast. They have no legitimacy as elite UFC fighters.

MM is a "champion" like Serena Williams is a "champion" when there are 300+ tennis players in the world who can beat her ass in tennis silly. It's an empowerment/entertainment thing with no real legitimacy.

I'm bringing up flyweight to demonstrate how illegitimate the entire division is from a pure meritocratic standpoint compared to HW, and how absurd the criticism of DC vs. Brock being illegitimate/entertainment.

DC is 10x the fighter MM is, Brock is 10x the fighter Cejudo is, yet people question DC vs. Brock not MM vs. Cejudo 2. The former is actually a LEGIT fight, maybe not THE MOST legit in the UFC, but at least it's in the top 10-20.

MM vs. Cejudo 2 isn't even top 200 legitimate fight in the UFC. There're literally hundreds of UFC fighters who would beat the crap out of both. They're only there because weight class segregation protects their asses and people are entertained by manlets who can jump around really fast. They have no legitimacy as elite UFC fighters.
I'm criticising because Brock doesn't deserve a title shot, and DC could be fighting Gus or Blaydes for his titles, who are both legitimate challengers, and could both fuck Brock up. I don't care about FLW, and nowhere in this thread have I said I do. I care about watching skilled fighters, which comparative to the names I mentioned, Brock is not. I agree Brock would squash DJ etc, due to his size and strength, not due to his skill.

I can only assume you don't watch any fights below HW so as to maintain your enjoyment of the sport.

I don't mean mind those divisions being held up tbh. There are no clear contenders in none of those divisions so maybe they should have some time to sort things out.

It's not like FW and LW where there was a bunch of guys waiting in the que.

A part time pro wrestler who hasn't technically won a fight in 8 years is fighting for the HW championship

Tell me again how legit it is.

Technically? He ABSOLUTELY hasn't won a fight in 8 years, and in fact has lost two. Also was caught juicing in his last one, and is currently suspended.

The LHW division is a joke of a division, and the best HW champion ever getting knocked out in a couple minutes by a natural 195er goes to show that. I bet most of the top MWs could win the belt too!

I'm criticising because Brock doesn't deserve a title shot, and DC could be fighting Gus or Blaydes for his titles, who are both legitimate challengers, and could both fuck Brock up.

Sure, like I said, DC vs. Brock isn't THE MOST legitimate title fight in the UFC, but it's at least to 10-20, whereas title fights at flyweight, FW, LW etc. are not even top 100 in terms of legitimacy, because while there might be 1-2 guys in the UFC who can beat DC, and 10-20 guys who can beat Brock, there're literally hundreds of guys who can beat the flyweight, featherweight and LW champions, so if you're gonna rag on the illegitimacy of DC vs. Brock, why not rag on the illegitimacy of them all? Ortega vs. Hollowords is 10x less legitimate, DC and Brock would ragdoll them both, but did you have a problem with that?

I agree Brock would squash DJ etc, due to his size and strength, not due to his skill.

So? Fighting is a combination of skill and strength and size and stamina and mental fortitude and etc. etc. It's not about any one single thing, but rather the combination of all attributes. All that matters is Brock is a better FIGHTER than MM, TJ, Hollowords and 99% of the fighters in the UFC, because he can beat them in a fight. Therefore he is actually far more legitimate than any of these so-called "champions" and their challenges in lower weight classes. The only reason weight classes exist is for entertainment and business, because without them there would be no Conor McGregor no GSP no little entertaining guys competing. Flyweight is not the only illegitimate division, all weight classes up to MW are illegitimate, and the LHW champion walks around at HW anyway.

I can only assume you don't watch any fights below HW so as to maintain your enjoyment of the sport.

Not at all, because I don't give 2 shits about legitimacy in MMA, I want entertainment and popcorn, all I'm doing is showing you how hypocritical it is to shit on the legitimacy of DC vs. Brock when it is actually more legitimate than 95% of UFC title fights including ones everyone has been clamoring for like BJ vs. GSP "superfight" back in the day and Ferguson vs. Khabib. Brock would eat all 4 of them for breakfast, he's far more legit than anyone GSP, Ferguson or Holloway had ever fought.

Sure, like I said, DC vs. Brock isn't THE MOST legitimate title fight in the UFC, but it's at least to 10-20, whereas title fights at flyweight, FW, LW etc. are not even top 100 in terms of legitimacy, because while there might be 1-2 guys in the UFC who can beat DC, and 10-20 guys who can beat Brock, there're literally hundreds of guys who can beat the flyweight, featherweight and LW champions, so if you're gonna rag on the illegitimacy of DC vs. Brock, why not rag on the illegitimacy of them all? Ortega vs. Hollowords is 10x less legitimate, DC and Brock would ragdoll them both, but did you have a problem with that?

So? Fighting is a combination of skill and strength and size and stamina and mental fortitude and etc. etc. It's not about any one single thing, but rather the combination of all attributes. All that matters is Brock is a better FIGHTER than MM, TJ, Hollowords and 99% of the fighters in the UFC, because he can beat them in a fight. Therefore he is actually far more legitimate than any of these so-called "champions" and their challenges in lower weight classes. The only reason weight classes exist is for entertainment and business, because without them there would be no Conor McGregor no GSP no little entertaining guys competing. Flyweight is not the only illegitimate division, all weight classes up to MW are illegitimate, and the LHW champion walks around at HW anyway.

Not at all, because I don't give 2 shits about legitimacy in MMA, I want entertainment and popcorn, all I'm doing is showing you how hypocritical it is to shit on the legitimacy of DC vs. Brock when it is actually more legitimate than 95% of UFC title fights including ones everyone has been clamoring for like BJ vs. GSP "superfight" back in the day and Ferguson vs. Khabib. Brock would eat all 4 of them for breakfast, he's far more legit than anyone GSP, Ferguson or Holloway had ever fought.
Your rambling ass needs to go back to 1993 bro. Legitimacy in the sport of MMA is relative to your success within your weight class and your ability to compete within a rule set. Brock doesn't score highly in either of those parameters, being 4-3(1) in the UFC. His record is worse than any ranked fighter in his weight class.

None of the fighters you mention have claimed they can beat everyone in the UFC, just that they are best in their weight class. That's a legitimate claim if you're the champ of the biggest promotion in said weight class. I have said before that no-one below MW can legitimately claim to be the best ever, because they'd get beaten up by heavier guys, but someone like GSP can legitimately claim to be the best WW.

The LHW division is a joke of a division, and the best HW champion ever getting knocked out in a couple minutes by a natural 195er goes to show that. I bet most of the top MWs could win the belt too!

If DC is a natural 195er, which is irrelevant as no major promotion has that weight class, why did he weigh in without cutting weight at 247lb?

Last edited:
Like already mentioned, who cares? UFC can just make more belts, which then leads to awesome super fights. Very exciting stuff

Your rambling ass needs to go back to 1993 bro. Legitimacy in the sport of MMA is relative to your success within your weight class and your ability to compete within a rule set. Brock doesn't score highly in either of those parameters, being 4-3(1) in the UFC. His record is worse than any ranked fighter in his weight class.

Weight classes were added for ENTERTAINMENT and BUSINESS purposes in the first place, they have zero legitimacy, neither do success achieved under this entertainment structure. Brock Lesnar is actually one of the best fighters in the UFC, Mighty Mouse/Max Holloway/Khabib aren't. His record is worse because he fought guys who would maul MM, Holloway and Khabib with ease, because he's in the single legit division in the UFC.

The only reason GSP succeeded is because he was SEGREGATED from fighters superior to him. The idea that this is legitimate in anyway is absurd. If you put me in with a class of retards I'd "legitimately" be the smartest guy in the room, that doesn't make me legitimately smart.

None of the fighters you mention have claimed they can beat everyone in the UFC, just that they are best in their weight class. That's a legitimate claim if you're the champ of the biggest promotion in said weight class.

And like I said weight classes have no legitimacy in the first place, they were added for entertainment reasons so more little people who'd otherwise get their asses kicked can participate in MMA and draw more attention. Segregating superior fighters from inferior fighters is not legitimate. If you were to create a midget league in the NBA where only people 5'3" below can join, is the championship team in the midget league legitimate? Of course not.

I have said before that no-one below MW can legitimately claim to be the best ever, because they'd get beaten up by heavier guys, but someone like GSP can legitimately claim to be the best WW.

Again, weight divisions below MW = entertainment divisions, and the champion of these entertainment divisions have no legitimacy as far as fighting is concerned. They're legitimately entertaining and legitimately good for business, that's it, but they're far less legitimate fighters than Brock Lesnar or DC.

You cannot argue for the legitimacy of fighters based on their success in a system constructed purely for entertainment. It's a basic logical fallacy. It's like trying to argue which WWE wrestler is better based on match results. Brock Lesnar fought far superior competition than Ferguson or GSP.

Weight classes were added for ENTERTAINMENT and BUSINESS purposes in the first place, they have zero legitimacy, neither do success achieved under this entertainment structure. Brock Lesnar is actually one of the best fighters in the UFC, Mighty Mouse/Max Holloway/Khabib aren't. His record is worse because he fought guys who would maul MM, Holloway and Khabib with ease, because he's in the single legit division in the UFC.

The only reason GSP succeeded is because he was SEGREGATED from fighters superior to him. The idea that this is legitimate in anyway is absurd. If you put me in with a class of retards I'd "legitimately" be the smartest guy in the room, that doesn't make me legitimately smart.

And like I said weight classes have no legitimacy in the first place, they were added for entertainment reasons so more little people who'd otherwise get their asses kicked can participate in MMA and draw more attention. Segregating superior fighters from inferior fighters is not legitimate. If you were to create a midget league in the NBA where only people 5'3" below can join, is the championship team in the midget league legitimate? Of course not.

Again, weight divisions below MW = entertainment divisions, and the champion of these entertainment divisions have no legitimacy as far as fighting is concerned. They're legitimately entertaining and legitimately good for business, that's it, but they're far less legitimate fighters than Brock Lesnar or DC.

You cannot argue for the legitimacy of fighters based on their success in a system constructed purely for entertainment. It's a basic logical fallacy. It's like trying to argue which WWE wrestler is better based on match results. Brock Lesnar fought far superior competition than Ferguson or GSP.
The UFC is entertainment. It's a promotion for a sport which has these structures in place. I don't think we're going to agree on this, I respect where you're coming from but I'm glad the sport isn't the free for all mess it was when it first cropped up, it was arguably more entertaining but had no longevity in that format. I think the nearest thing we had in the middle was PRIDE, which was superior to UFC but is proof that entertainment is a required part of the sport.

Have a good evening sir.

Don't forget fake belts at 145 155, and gsp vacating making 185 belt kind of in a weird state too

The UFC is entertainment. It's a promotion for a sport which has these structures in place.

That's my point exactly, it's entertainment, weight classes are entertainment, DC vs. Brock is entertainment, so why complain?

Is anyone going to argue WWs are better than HWs at fighting? No.
Is anyone going to argue having a WW division doesn't make the sport more entertaining? No.

Is anyone going to argue DC vs. Blaydes isn't more legit than DC vs. Brock? No.
Is anyone going to argue DC vs. Brock isn't more entertaining than DC vs. Blaydes? No.

So what's the problem? I don't see any.

I think the nearest thing we had in the middle was PRIDE, which was superior to UFC but is proof that entertainment is a required part of the sport.

Pride is the perfect example to illustrate my point. Fedor would fight a bunch of freakshow fights between his HW defenses, way more freakshow-y than DC vs. Brock, and Pride is everyone's favorite promotion. This outrage against DC vs. Brock is hypocritical nonsense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

LHW and WBW
Amanda-Nunes-UFC-Kickoff-Angry.jpg

cormier-ftr-gettyjpg_8ibfhhidsghd1r05rpsoq3oia.jpg

DC ain't going back down to 205 and Nunes is fighting Cyborg at 145 apparently.

Highly legitimate.

The guy just won the title...and your already complaining???

Mcdicks held up divisions for years this guys going on a week and ur crying?

I smell jon jones salt on your O.P

And cyborg vs nunes makes sense as neither have ranked contenders worthy of a shot just yet...so again what are you talking about?

That's my point exactly, it's entertainment, weight classes are entertainment, DC vs. Brock is entertainment, so why complain?

Is anyone going to argue WWs are better than HWs at fighting? No.
Is anyone going to argue having a WW division doesn't make the sport more entertaining? No.

Is anyone going to argue DC vs. Blaydes isn't more legit than DC vs. Brock? No.
Is anyone going to argue DC vs. Brock isn't more entertaining than DC vs. Blaydes? No.

So what's the problem? I don't see any.

Pride is the perfect example to illustrate my point. Fedor would fight a bunch of freakshow fights between his HW defenses, way more freakshow-y than DC vs. Brock, and Pride is everyone's favorite promotion. This outrage against DC vs. Brock is hypocritical nonsense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
But PRIDE knew what it was. I would have no issue with this in Bellator or Rizin or something but Dana specifically said when he temporarily booted Yair that the UFC was where the best fought the best, and the money was better elsewhere if you just wanted a payday. It's massively hypocritical from the promotion is all.

Edit: I feel like we've hijacked this thread a little.

Never had these problems in Pride...

Well, maybe once when Fedor broke his hand...I think.

DC said he's defending the LHW belt before fighting Brock.

Don't believe his lies. It took him a year to get down to LHW the first time years ago. He just took 6 months to go back up.

He's not going back and forth between the two when he only has 8 months left in his career.

Don't believe his lies. It took him a year to get down to LHW the first time years ago. He just took 6 months to go back up.

He's not going back and forth between the two when he only has 8 months left in his career.
I'm going to believe him until he gives me a reason not to.

I agree with you that it is a very bad idea for him to oscillate so much so many times in a period of time of less than a year and I usually never believe fighters and coaches but this time I think DC wants to retire as double champ. For me he would gain the same respect even if he vacates the LHW belt and goes with only one or two HW title defenses but obviously he believes being double champ when retiring will benefit more his legacy.

Back