So 2 belts on hold for the time being

The lower divisions, and by extension belts, were created for ENTERTAINMENT purposes to showcase manlets. The had no meritocratic reasons to exist in the first place.

Based on merit alone, HW would be the whole sport?

Based on merit alone, HW would be the whole sport?

Based on pure meritocracy the UFC roster would be 70% HW, 20% LHW and 10% every other weight class. There will be one legitimate UFC belt to defend and the winner will almost always be HW.

The other belts are there for nothing more than entertainment purposes. Manlets would get their asses kicked by HWs, but they fight differently and people like to watch, that's the only reason why they're here. The belts themselves have zero meritocratic legitimacy, other than maybe the LHW belt holder, who in all likelihood is also a threat at HW. There're hundreds of guys in the UFC who could beat MM and Henry Cejudo. There're only a handful who could possibly beat Brock, which means Brock is many times more legitimate as a title challenger than Cejudo or indeed any of MM's previous opponents.

LHW and WBW
Amanda-Nunes-UFC-Kickoff-Angry.jpg

cormier-ftr-gettyjpg_8ibfhhidsghd1r05rpsoq3oia.jpg

DC ain't going back down to 205 and Nunes is fighting Cyborg at 145 apparently.

Highly legitimate.

when dc figures it out what happening with the brock fight theyset up the next lhw belt

if you really think cris is fighting nunes your crazy.

so I guess the only belt in limbo is wfw.

A part time pro wrestler who hasn't technically won a fight in 8 years is fighting for the HW championship

Tell me again how legit it is.

the check dc will get when he crushes brock.

There is no clear contender for DC at 205. He whooped everybody there and Jones will be out for a long time. Let the 40 year old man enjoy himself until March next year. It's not like he never defended
shogun
gus
tf u been

The other belts are there for nothing more than entertainment purposes. Manlets would get their asses kicked by HWs, but they fight differently and people like to watch, that's the only reason why they're here.

Okay, so Lewis-Ngannou is a fight that would rank very high on your scale of merit; both guys are huge and have one punch KO power. Clearly they weren't there for entertainment purposes like the manlets, so what purpose did their fight serve?

Shogun vs Volkan, if Shogun won, would have been a good number 1 contender fight, especially as DC wants a Shogun bout.

Dunno who this Anthony Smith guy is but a loss will put Shogun out of the title picture.

Gus vs. Volkan is solid, though if Volkan wins, it's too early for DC Volkan II.

Hopefully, Gus can win it but that's still a ways away.

DC definitely has time to spare when it comes to LHW.

Okay, so Lewis-Ngannou is a fight that would rank very high on your scale of merit; both guys are huge and have one punch KO power. Clearly they weren't there for entertainment purposes like the manlets, so what purpose did their fight serve?

Yes Lewis Ngannou ranks very high on the merit scale and very low on the entertainment scale, the fight served the purpose of determining if no.1 HW contender Ngannou could bounce back from his loss and if Lewis was ready for a shot at the one legit title. The answer to both happened to be no, and the fight served the purpose of clarifying those points.

It was a legit meritocratic fight between 2 best fighters who can only be bested by at most a handful of guys in UFC, with a purpose independent of entertainment, unlike Manlet fights at flyweight, which have no legitimacy (we know they can’t hang with any LW, WW,MW, LHW or HW) and are only there purely for entertainment. Questions?

It kind of disincentivises people from working their way up the ladder in a legit manner.

Maybe fighters should be spending more time in the acting studio than in the gym innit.

Against Brock Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar is 10x more legit than any of MM's opponents.

Put Cejudo and Joey B against Lesnar and you'll see.

HW is the only legitimate belt because people who walk around at HW are the only legitimate "best fighters" in the UFC. All the other weight classes are there for entertainment not legitimacy.

Brock Lesnar is 10x more legit than any of MM's opponents.

Put Cejudo and Joey B against Lesnar and you'll see.
I assume you're trolling but I'll take the bait. He wouldn't beat either, it'd be a NC, although I don't know how relevant MM, Cejudo or Benavidez are to the HW division.

Speaking of NC, Brock is coming off a two losses and a NC, and has four UFC wins in his whole career. Schaub would be a more legit challenger.

I assume you're trolling but I'll take the bait. He wouldn't beat either, it'd be a NC, although I don't know how relevant MM, Cejudo or Benavidez are to the HW division.

Speaking of NC, Brock is coming off a two losses and a NC, and has four UFC wins in his whole career. Schaub would be a more legit challenger.
<TrumpWrong1>

He'd beat the shit out of both, then the commission would rule it NC, to protect the illegitimacy of manlets in MMA. The current rules segregate them from fighters who would beat the shit out of them with ease, That's what makes them illegitimate.

All of the people Brock lost to in the UFC would trash MM and all of his opponents in one afternoon. There's a handful of people in the UFC who can actually beat Brock in a fight. There're hundreds who can beat MM and the entire flyweight division.

HW = real legitimate fighters. Flyweights = illegitimate entertaining manlets.

Back