Snowmageddon Dec. 19, 2017 (Alberta Brahs GTFIH!)

I miss watching WRC

There haven't been as many events around here because the weather has been too warm. Instead of getting really cold and staying cold, it gets cold enough to freeze a little ice then warms up and snows and rains before turning cold again freezing the slush into ice so there are layers of ice with snow in between. We don't get that good 10 to 12 inches of ice with fluffy snow on top that the wind blows off. It gets difficult to clear snow off the crusty ice. Three years ago the guys setting up a course dropped a small bulldozer into 30 foot deep water while using it to get a stuck skid steer out.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loc...cle_cf52f890-ca7d-587f-8cc1-a9266a2030df.html

the old Speed Channel used to show tons of International Rally racing. it was great.

Studded tires are great!
DSC07253.jpg
That's what I need.

The Great White North just seems so depressing to me! You’re basically stuck inside a house.

Not bad at all here in the Hat. Nothing much on the forecast either. Looks like that shit gonna pass us by

230.gif
Wow, you're from that dump too?

{<redford}

Took me an hour to clear off the truck and shovel the walks, but the drive in was uneventful. Grabbed two double doubles and took it easy. A stuck bus delayed my trip home though. They could at least do a better job of clearing the damned bus routes one would think. I used to love winter wheeling so the snow doesn't bother me, but some folks should definitely not venture out if they're not up to dealing witn the road conditions. Four ways on and doing 40 in the center lane of Deerfoot should net a death penalty.

Took me an hour to clear off the truck and shovel the walks, but the drive in was uneventful. Grabbed two double doubles and took it easy. A stuck bus delayed my trip home though. They could at least do a better job of clearing the damned bus routes one would think. I used to love winter wheeling so the snow doesn't bother me, but some folks should definitely not venture out if they're not up to dealing witn the road conditions. Four ways on and doing 40 in the center lane of Deerfoot should net a death penalty.
HOw is deerfoot?

I decided to not go anywhere far - just drove down to chinook centre and got something to eat there and tried to get a bit of shopping before the mall got too busy.

HOw is deerfoot?

I decided to not go anywhere far - just drove down to chinook centre and got something to eat there and tried to get a bit of shopping before the mall got too busy.
Wasn't bad, just congested. Now that I'm home I'm not venturing out though.

Hey, weren't we bitching about the heat the last time we talked? Lol.

Wasn't bad, just congested. Now that I'm home I'm not venturing out though.

Hey, weren't we bitching about the heat the last time we talked? Lol.
probably - I don't mind snow but that much that quick is way too much and causes too much chaos.

That's why Ontario is the center of Canada . Don't be mad Westerners. Maybe one day you will be as dominant as us Ontarians.

^^^^this sums it up.
One time I drove my sister to the airport in a literal blizzard and on the way back I saw a giant snowplow in the ditch. I was in a FWD camry going about 40KPH, for reference.

I bet that guy thought he was invincible too.

One time I drove my sister to the airport in a literal blizzard and on the way back I saw a giant snowplow in the ditch. I was in a FWD camry going about 40KPH, for reference.

I bet that guy thought he was invincible too.
I drive the 22x to work and some clown was weaving in and out of highway traffic in his lift kit truck.

If the roads are empty then go for it but drivers like that endanger others.

This is why I tolerate the summer sauna down here. I'm so done with shitty winter weather. Spent too many days working outside in that shit.

It's gorgeous up there and I love visiting, but I don't think I could ever live in the that ice box again. Much easier when you're a young buck with excess energy to spend to stay warm.

I'll enjoy the 60-70 degree winters from here on out.

That's some goddamn shit weather you guys have got there. Feels good not to have to deal with that kind of nonsense anymore.

Be safe out there, and keep your hands on a camera. Record some fools doing what fools do.

The local weather guessers were predicting a big snowfall here and we might have gotten 1/2 an inch. It's when they predict flurries that you really have to worry. We have gotten 10 inches of flurries.

Back