Snowmageddon Dec. 19, 2017 (Alberta Brahs GTFIH!)

Damn, people died? I thought you guys out west knew how to handle yourselves in that stuff... RIP

We haven't got shit this year yet, although it was a skating rink of black ice this morning on the drive in to work.

Not in the bigger cities. Plenty of "newer Canadians" are absolutely terrifying on the roads.

The shitty drivers seem to congregate on the roads for whatever reason. Then one tard gets into the schmutz outside of the tracked out area and car plinko ensues. Its baffling to me how these idiots do this shit all the time.

3YQ90QX.gif

that's how you do it

The shitty drivers seem to congregate on the roads for whatever reason. Then one tard gets into the schmutz outside of the tracked out area and car plinko ensues. Its baffling to me how these idiots do this shit all the time.
Yeah I am always more worried about other drivers taking me out than the actual roads when I drive in snow.

99% of accidents today Nd the next few days will involve a corolla

Damn, people died? I thought you guys out west knew how to handle yourselves in that stuff... RIP

We haven't got shit this year yet, although it was a skating rink of black ice this morning on the drive in to work.
They were young and in their 20s. I'm not ragging on them or making light but if you've been to Calgary you know how people drive here to begin with - throw in snow, age, and a general notion that a 4x4 vehicle makes you immune to dangerous road conditions.

Yeah I am always more worried about other drivers taking me out than the actual roads when I drive in snow.

Seems to be the same everywhere. There is a small percentage of people who are unable to drive in slippery conditions. My mother was one of them. I didn't worry about myself on the slippery days. It's other people that I have to watch out for. Since I retired, I don't have to go anywhere at a certain time or even day anymore so I stay off the roads until they are cleared.

Seems to be the same everywhere. There is a small percentage of people who are unable to drive in slippery conditions. My mother was one of them. I didn't worry about myself on the slippery days. It's other people that I have to watch out for. Since I retired, I don't have to go anywhere at a certain time or even day anymore so I stay off the roads until they are cleared.
Retired?

How old are you?

Young and rich?

We have like zero snow here in Edmonton...

We have like zero snow here in Edmonton...
It was basically - Calgary South and as far East as brooks - from what I can gather.

also, zero snow this year?

it was pretty much like that till yesterday - outside of a freak early october snow storm.

I am not leaving the house today, fuck that shit.

<33>
Gonna go grab some groceries then come back home. Friend is trying to get me to come train but not too sure about that.

Dealing with 4pm-6pm traffic is kinda - with these road conditions.

<{1-8}><{cruzshake}>

There's always retards. I think it was in 2015 that there was about a foot of snow or more on 170th street, everyone was basically on rails (basically, you are stuck in the tire tracks you are currently in and god help you if you needed to change lanes) and going 40 (its a 60 area and yes, even the BMWs), some douchebag blasts past everyone and ends up hitting a curb a block ahead.

A year before it was ridiculously icy on 178th and a jackass in a minivan went past us going over the speed limit (everyone else was doing around 50 I think) two blocks ahead the fucker was totaled and took down a light post in front of the Canadian tire.

And the time on the Henday when without warning the SUV directly in front of me started spinning around (magically staying in it's lane) and I could only apply the smallest, tiniest amount of pressure on the breaks and only managed to slow down enough to change lanes without spinning out a literal foot from his rear bumper.

Often you'll see rolled over trucks on the side of the highway, retards think truck=invincible. Icy roads don't really give a shit what you're driving.

This thread would be perfect for @banchan’s winter driving expertise.

Back