Snooker World Championship 2017 | Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Goonerview, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Goonerview Silver Belt

Goonerview
    It was a good tournament. Selby has won 3 world titles now, he is writing himself into the snooker hall of fame. He could go down as one of the greatest ever, with a few more titles.

2. Rebound59 2GM/c^2 belt

Rebound59
    Realistically, there aren't many ahead of him, true enough. I hate his style though. Sadly, for all his greatness, he is everything people say about Georges St. Pierre, while I think of O'Sullivan as snooker's Anderson Silva. Mercurial and exciting with so much natural talent it's almost sickening to see it wasted on such a personality yet how can you not love the guy? He's amazing. Selby, on the other hand, gets to the finish line by dragging his opponent through quicksand. He's Cliff Thorburn without all the coke.
    It was a good final, but not "one for the ages", that's for sure. I didn't see the rest of the matches, as you know. Not a lot of point when final the outcome is spoiled already but I don't doubt you.

I really need to win the lottery so I can bring snooker back here to my province in a proper way. I believe $3-400K would do it. Wanna invest? LOL

Goonerview likes this.