Sniper Got a 2+ Mile Confirmed Kill

But do it come with a bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex tho?

Here is what it looked like apparently. It was a 30x scope, not a 25x.

ZnuWhPz.jpg

Mark Wahlberg would break the record with both eyes shut, ffs

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.”

Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Why would they have to take into account the curvature of the Earth? The Earth is flat.

Just kidding. But seriously, is the curvature that pronounced at just 2 miles?

Why would they have to take into account the curvature of the Earth? The Earth is flat.

Just kidding. But seriously, is the curvature that pronounced at just 2 miles?

It's not the curvature, it's the fact that it's a globe that's spinning on an axis. It creates an effect where the direction in which you fire the round relative to your position on the spinning body causes the round to behave differently. Fire east and the round travels higher than if you fire west. Fire from the northern hemisphere and the round travels more right. Fire from the southern hemisphere and the round travels more left. These factors can put the round in a different spot up to half a foot from just 1000 yards. At 3800 yards, you can have a round be off by almost two feet just from that alone.

@shadow_priest_x

Someone said he was using a 25x zoom scope... Here's an idea of what 25x zoom can do for you.

I wonder how far away that house is. That even with that kind of magnification, it still seems like it would be difficult to put a pullet in a human being who was two miles away.

I wonder how far away that house is. That even with that kind of magnification, it still seems like it would be difficult to put a pullet in a human being who was two miles away.

It's incredibly difficult, which is why it's a world record. Even if they get the data right, the the round could land within several feet either side of the target just from a 1% windage change.

I'm dying to know how many attempts it took him to make the shot

It's incredibly difficult, which is why it's a world record. Even if they get the data right, the the round could land within several feet either side of the target just from a 1% windage change.

I'm dying to know how many attempts it took him to make the shot

It's pretty insane to think that someone with a rifle two miles away from wherever you're standing could decide to end your life. Talk about never seeing it coming.

It's pretty insane to think that someone with a rifle two miles away from wherever you're standing could decide to end your life. Talk about never seeing it coming.

It's absolutely insane. I knew plenty of scout snipers that I feel were fully capable of 1000 yard shots, but that JS2 sniper is on a whole different level of good.

That dammed unit is producing some fine snipers. I think several of the world record kills are from JS2 in Afghanistan.

Sounds like a lucky shot btw

Like, dude was aiming for a totally different guy a few hundred yards away but misses -bullet keeps going and by dumb fucking luck hits a legit terrorist 2 miles away.

'That still counts!!'

Was it luck or skill? Can he consistently repeat the feat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back