Sniper Got a 2+ Mile Confirmed Kill

That is scary stuff, that is a long ass distance insane that someone can kill you from that far away.

Soilders on the front line.. I guess how far he killed the guy is impressive. But still cowardly to kill someone when they don't know even see it coming. Like a sucker punch lol

Or when hunters think their cool when they kill an animal with a high power gun. Gtfo

I wasn't aware combat was a contest of who could put themselves in the most danger to accomplish the mission. There's nothing cowardly about anyone willing to step outside the wire and put themselves at risk. That sniper was within about two miles line of sight of ISIS fighters. He's in incredible danger just being in the area.

War isn't some martial art. You're trying to close with and destroy the enemy by any means necessary and with whatever tools you have at your disposal. I don't give a shit if you kill the enemy with a KABAR, shovel, grenade, rifle, rocket, mortar, airstrike, or with your bare hands. You don't get cool points for killing people from two feet or two miles. You either accomplish the mission and come home or you don't.

What type of shit is that calling him a coward?

They should bring back Top Shot and have a 2 mile target.

When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at.

I really, really, really loved that movie.

That's crazy as shit. And Canada has not only the longest confirmed sniper kill but holds three of the top 5 spots? WTF?

What are they doing up there, just training all their guys to be snipers around the clock?
A Canadian tire
SOH-REE

large_article_im234_Canadian-Tire.jpg

Maybe he killed the lady's husband who ran off after she attacked those Canadian Tire employees.

Storm Trooper-esque this guy! And what's this mile crap in the OP, metric. 3.5 km damn!

I wasn't aware combat was a contest of who could put themselves in the most danger to accomplish the mission. There's nothing cowardly about anyone willing to step outside the wire and put themselves at risk. That sniper was within about two miles line of sight of ISIS fighters. He's in incredible danger just being in the area.

War isn't some martial art. You're trying to close with and destroy the enemy by any means necessary and with whatever tools you have at your disposal. I don't give a shit if you kill the enemy with a KABAR, shovel, grenade, rifle, rocket, mortar, airstrike, or with your bare hands. You don't get cool points for killing people from two feet or two miles. You either accomplish the mission and come home or you don't.

What type of shit is that calling him a coward?

Guess your right, i retract my previous post.

How did he account for the curvature of the earth when aiming?

How did he account for the curvature of the earth when aiming?

The Coriolis effect is due to the rotation of the Earth and how it affects objects not on the ground. This affects rounds by making them go right or left of your point of aim. This deflection is greatest at the poles and diminishes as you approach the equator.

The Eotvos Effect is also important. Due to centrifugal forces from the rotation, gravity affects objects going East or West differently. If the round is fired East, gravity forces the round to fly higher and if you fire West, gravity forces the round to drop. This effect is greatest at the equator and diminishes as your point of aim goes towards the poles and as you move laterally closer to them. At the equator at a 1000 yards, the difference could be up to 5 inches or so depending on which direction you fired a shot.

So you could be off by several inches at just a 1000 yards by not taking that into account. Add in wind speed, humidity, temperature, angle of the shot, and probably a dozen other things I don't even realize to think about and you have a crazy fucking world record kill.

Edit: I would enjoy seeing a flat earther on the board explain this phenomena.

Last edited:
Back