SNES Classic

i still buy og systemswhen i can, take your emulators an just sit down. nothing beats the glorious days

I rarely buy old stuff, but my buddy sold me his Sega Saturn with X-Men vs. Street Fighter (+ RAM cartridge) for $10. I already had XvSF, but no console.

Last edited:
I rarely buy old stuff, but my buddy sold me his Sega Saturn with X-Men vs. Street Fighter (+ RAM cartridge) for $10. I already had XvSF, but no console.

the japanese model?

i wanted to order a japanese saturn

Honestly, what is the interest in the systems? Obviously, not the games.

easy, i prefer to collect this shit then spend my money on booze and other shit lol. plus small way of investing

Nah, American. A Japanese Saturn would be nice since most of the games that I still own are Japanese.
Pro Action Replay takes care of any of that. You can find the 4MB ones that act as the extra RAM cart out there for around $30 shipped. If you have a Saturn (regardless of region) you want on of those.

Actually, yes the games. There are no 100% compatible emulators in existance, and there is no substitute for having the actual hardware in working condition. And as Ghost said, some people spend their money on other things, this is something we find valuable.

Besides, I can't put any fiscal value in an emulator or ROMs. In the same way, there is no real investment on my part to get a hold of those either making them much less valuable in my mind.

Actually, yes the games. There are no 100% compatible emulators in existance, and there is no substitute for having the actual hardware in working condition. And as Ghost said, some people spend their money on other things, this is something we find valuable.

Besides, I can't put any fiscal value in an emulator or ROMs. In the same way, there is no real investment on my part to get a hold of those either making them much less valuable in my mind.
Not to mention, with free emulators, you have to use 3rd-party controllers that are lower in quality. For games that require quick button presses, this is unacceptable.

To be honest, I'm a fan of retro games. Have my old NES, SNES, GC, and planning on getting the sega consoles in the not too distant future. I also have a raspberry Pi with retro pi, but will still support companies actually making an effort to cater to the retro market. These classic consoles demonstrate that there is massive demand for retro stuff, and now that other manufacturers are aware we might get more attention.

Forgot it was on DS as well, might pick it up for that instead, probably be a lot cheaper.
It's also on PS1 (part of Final Fantasy Chronicles) but the load times are ridiculous.

Pro Action Replay takes care of any of that. You can find the 4MB ones that act as the extra RAM cart out there for around $30 shipped. If you have a Saturn (regardless of region) you want on of those.

I had a Pro Action Replay at one point, but I still wanted a Japanese Saturn anyway. Also, The Pro Action Replay worked with everything EXCEPT KOF 95, which had it's own RAM cart.

Edit: IIRC, KOF 96 had problems with AR as well. Longer loading times anyway.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm a fan of retro games. Have my old NES, SNES, GC, and planning on getting the sega consoles in the not too distant future. I also have a raspberry Pi with retro pi, but will still support companies actually making an effort to cater to the retro market. These classic consoles demonstrate that there is massive demand for retro stuff, and now that other manufacturers are aware we might get more attention.

Thinking of getting a Pi to have virtual console how hard is it to build and set up? I have SNES Classic now but like to play other consoles / zx spectrum!

Thinking of getting a Pi to have virtual console how hard is it to build and set up? I have SNES Classic now but like to play other consoles / zx spectrum!

Shouldn't take more than half an hour or so. There are plenty of tutorials online.

My mate did mine to be honest, he had just done his so didn't take him too long to do. It's not particularly difficult though if you're good at following instructions, and there are guides to do it, he found one on youtube. People sell them on ebay set up and ready to go with tons of roms, though you'll pay twice as much for the convenience.

Nice to see someone already mentioned Raspberry Pi. Its cool they're doing it, but fuck all this retro shit with like 9 games. The Pi is GOAT

Back