Sneaky Cross Choke from Open Guard

goatfury

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/Sneaky-Cross-Choke-from-Open-Guard-for-BJJ

Often times in jiu jitsu, you get good at a move, hit it on all of your training partners of equal or lower rank than you (maybe even some higher ranked folks too, if you've got something really good), and life is dandy for a while. Then it happens: your training partners figure out how to stop you from playing your game. This is where subterfuge and transitions come in to play. Instead of trying to impose your game onto your training partners, consider tricking them into playing the game you want to play instead. This tutorial explores a way to trick someone into giving you their neck for a choke, along with the mechanics of the choke and lots of tips and tricks.

Nice video. I use this choke all the time. Thanks for sharing some key details.

hey, glad you posted this. Last year I found a video of some Gracie Barra student who was subbing people with some kind of reverse baseball choke when they passed his guard to side control, but it wasn't cross collar, it was same-side collar, and that really limited when I could use it. I'm glad there's a cross-collar version.

EDIT: here's someone showing the choke I was talking about

https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/Sneaky-Cross-Choke-from-Open-Guard-for-BJJ

Often times in jiu jitsu, you get good at a move, hit it on all of your training partners of equal or lower rank than you (maybe even some higher ranked folks too, if you've got something really good), and life is dandy for a while. Then it happens: your training partners figure out how to stop you from playing your game. This is where subterfuge and transitions come in to play. Instead of trying to impose your game onto your training partners, consider tricking them into playing the game you want to play instead. This tutorial explores a way to trick someone into giving you their neck for a choke, along with the mechanics of the choke and lots of tips and tricks.

@POPPA ROTZEE posted this in another thread. I thought I'd share it here duz Draculino rocks.

Back