Smilin' Sam not smiling as he misses weight & loses 20% of disclosed purse.

What a garbage ass card.
2rwmbly.jpg
ufc_117_anderson_silva_trouble.0.0.jpg

Hopefully they give him a bonus or something to make up for it, I mean he did step in on short notice for them after all. Smilin sam is the man!

late notice, why didnt he negotiate a catch weight before hand

fire his manager Malki Kawa style

He apparently has to cut 35lbs on 2 weeks notice, not sure why they just didn't make it a catchweight to begin with.

He really was doing the UFC a huge favor accepting the fight on extremely short notice. Sucks that they couldn't have made it 190 or 195 from the start. Feel a little bad for him.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/ufc-fight-night-118-official-weigh-in-video-results

MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s early and official UFC Fight Night 118 fighter weigh-ins.

Today’s official proceedings takes place at the host hotel, while the ceremonial affair follows in the evening.

UFC Fight Night 118 takes place Saturday at Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland, and the entire card streams on UFC Fight Pass.

Official weigh-in results include:

• Donald Cerrone (170) vs. Darren Till (170)
  • Jodie Esquibel (114) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115)
  • Jan Blachowicz (204) vs. Devin Clark (205)
  • Oskar Piechota (185) vs. Jonathan Wilson (186)
  • Nasrat Haqparast (155) vs. Marcin Held (156)
  • Anthony Hamilton (256) vs. Adam Wieczorek (233)
  • Brian Kelleher (135) vs. Damian Stasiak (134)
  • Sam Alvey (189)* vs. Ramazan Emeev (185)
  • Andre Fili (145) vs. Artem Lobov (145)
  • Warlley Alves (171) vs. Salim Touahri (171)
  • Aspen Ladd () vs. Lina Lansberg (134)
  • Felipe Arantes (145) vs. Josh Emmett (145)
* – Alvey fined 20 percent, but bout will go on as scheduled

How the fuck is anthony Hamilton still fighting? They must be paying him in loaves of bread

Hopefully the ufc covers this in the backroom, he pretty much took the fight knowing he wouldnt make weight and now he doesnt get his vitor fight. War alvey!

I give him credit for coming close and needed to drop 34 lbs

well i agree that it s nice from him to accept that fight and i m sure the ufc will give him a bonus for that but it s his own fault if he was that heavy.
he just fought 2 months ago i don t understand how he could be more than 220 pounds.
you know maybe staying in shape all year long would prevent missed and dangerous weight cuts like this one.

He apparently had to cut 35lbs on 2 weeks notice, not sure why they just didn't make it a catchweight to begin with.

I agree, especially for the undercard of a FightPass event, between two unranked dudes. I remember when Weidman had to cut 30lbs to fight Maia on short notice, but that was on primetime TV, with a shitle tot within reach.

I guess the question is, why did he accept the fight given how heavy he was and how little time he had to cut?

Money is the obvious answer, so I guess if he's that hard up something beats nothing.

Back