Smilin' Sam not smiling as he misses weight & loses 20% of disclosed purse.

His opponent should just give him back his 20%.

Short notice and he wouldn't get paid in the first place if Sam didn't take the fight.

Short notice and he wouldn't get paid in the first place if Sam didn't take the fight.

That's why I'll always respect Tyrone Woodley. He actually GAVE his whole 20% back to Gastelum even tho Gastelum badly missed weight

Stop training with Chef Hendricks.

Just stopped in because I like the thread title

Said this in another thread

Alvey was "north of 220" when he was asked to step in on 9 days notice.
That's a 35+ pound weight cut.

Last edited:
Why not choose a WW to move up on such a short notice fight?

Said this in another thread

That's weak if his opponent keeps it. Sounds like he did the best he could.

No wonder he missed weight, he said this week that he was on the high side of 220lbs when he took the fight. Man he is gonna look like shite tomorrow.

Did Aspen Ladd fall out right around weigh ins again or something? Didn't list a weight there

Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Very short notice fight 10 hour flight from home. 220 to 185 is insane in 2 weeks.

Alvey is really boring to watch fight and he just gives away rounds by
not doing anything.

Sam's working on sliding into the same reliable "company guy" niche as Cowboy. I think the UFC will take care of him given the circumstances.

I'll be very surprised if they don't in any case.

His opponent should refuse the 20%. He'd be sittin at home of it wasn't for Sam.

He apparently has to cut 35lbs on 2 weeks notice, not sure why they just didn't make it a catchweight to begin with.
Huge weight cut plus short notice.

Not sure why they couldn't have given him a slight catch weight of 190-195

Hopefully the UFC gives him compensation in form of a back room bonus for doing them a favor

The worst part of that history is he made that favor so he could get the Vitor Belfort fight booked if he wins against Emeev.

Now Vitor is fighting Hall and he's going to lose against Emeev.

Someone won't be smilling soon..

Back