Smear campaign against Khabib Nurmagomedov

The smear campaign against Khabib is at all time high in Sherdog forum. When he used to beat opponents, there was nothing but positive comments about him in here. Even though, everyone knows he is from Dagestan and most of you were already familiar with their culture from the start.

But, as soon as he humiliated the piece of sh|t, there have been an influx of Sherdoggers starting to bring his religion and culture and mocked him because he showed pride in his culture. Conor fans saw this as the best opportunity to smear him so they started doing the same but much worse to push people to change their perspective.

And here I am, I respect Khabib for having balls to show his pride in his roots and not giving a fukk what people thinks in this political climate today which is something you don’t see in most prominent sportsmen from the third world.
Lol I haven't noticed any smear campaign

giphy.gif

Is this gif supposed to mean something, or were you just trying to be the first poster in the thread?

Didn't he disrespect US culture by attacking someone not involved in the competition?

He shouldn't be stripped, but he did a dumb thing.

Lot of hate for Muslims on Sherdog. It wasnt like this in 2008 when I joined.

Huge fan of Khabib and i cheered for him, but I don’t excuse his actions. I would be ok if he gets stripped.

It would be absolute bullshit with the way they have created a precedent for this type of behavior with McGregor. It’s your Frankenstein monster in the bed you made now “lie” in it Dana.

Unbelievable how much Khabib bashing is going on. Its a shame.

Since Saturday, he’s been called everything from a juiced up crybaby to a wife beating terrorist with little to no repercussions. Every day there are at least 3 threads attacking his religious beliefs on the front page. Iz Sherdog. Iz normal.

Didn't he disrespect US culture by attacking someone not involved in the competition?

He shouldn't be stripped, but he did a dumb thing.

That's not "US culture". (Cultural appropriation is bad if you're "progressive").

Even his dad said his actions post 229 are out of line. I'm basically on board with that. His crew shoulda taken care of business on their own time not UFCs. Other than that I don't have a problem with him.

Unless he ducks Tony who gave him a shot and got injured. He owes fans and Tony to prove he's the best.

do you need a hug TS?

It's just how it goes when you end up on the top of the heap. The crowd will always divide at that point. When you're just coming up it's easy to acknowledge the skill cause there's no merits to really discuss yet. But when you become the big dog, you are now the bar to be measured by. So people will either choose to acknowledge you as the best, or look for angles to say why you're not. Especially those with emotional bias towards other fighters or just a dislike of fighter in question.

LOL Some of these Khabib fans are carbon copies of Conors. No criticism allowed and they are perfect in every way. I think TS one.

Can you name 3 fighters that didn’t get more shit as they also got more popular?

I can only name one - Randy Couture.

You’re just seeing the exact same backlash that always happens.

It's mostly Conor fans who abandoned their accounts are now white belts with Kevin Lee and Tony Ferguson pics hiding like the glass jawed rodents they are.

Says a guy with a brand new account LMAO.

All I see is Kabob love and Conor hate. He won a fight everyone thought he should based on style, size, matchup and ring rust. BFD. the UFC goes on with or without him.

Back