Smaller grappler problems

thanks for alot of good advice guys. tomorrow im gonna try alot of armdrags and hooksweeps and we see how it goes. i rolled 5 days last week i try to get as much time on ground as fast as possible

i forgot to mention that i do have Antonio Rodrigo nogueiras book on the guard in the Bookshelf which i intend to read through. the book look very well thought out by me and he got a system in if he fails a sub he transitions to another sub or position and to another he never does nothing

i forgot to mention that i do have Antonio Rodrigo nogueiras book on the guard in the Bookshelf which i intend to read through. the book look very well thought out by me and he got a system in if he fails a sub he transitions to another sub or position and to another he never does nothing

not the best book for grappling.

saulos jiu jitsu university is way better.

well i did start BJJ last week and while it is interestning i do feel that my height 170cm (5.5) is making problems for me. everyone in my class is much taller than me and i suspect the closed guard for example is horrible against someone alot bigger than you unless im doing it wrong and im to easily tossed off sometimes. any suggestions on good Choice of tecniques/strategies against bigger grapplers? btw nobody there is stronger than me so strenght isnt an issue but i rather depend on tecnique than strenght

This is partly why I love gi training. Gi involves a lot of getting your opponent stuck in their own spider web. They can hold you down too, but if you can break grips, make space-- you'll survive better. In no-gi, if they are stronger/bigger than you, they'll bust out of everything lol.

Back