Small Wrestlers Beating the Bigger Guy

Mr Mojo Lane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Any videos of this? We see this happening plenty of time in BJJ.

Would a 180 LB wrestler be able to beat pure BJJ guys that were 225-260+ and were somewhat naïve to some of the techniques of wrestling? Basically, would a wrestler be able to do what Royce did in the 90s?

I like both. I have been training more wrestling the past year though

as long as he isnt a spatz wearing weeaboo then sure

Obviously the 180# pure wrestler would smoke the 260# pure Jiu-Jitsu fighter, especially if they have comparable amounts of mat time.

AEB:

This video has been linked here before (myself included)
Jouko was an Olympic gold-medalist in Greco-Roman at 74Kilos and the bodybuilder weights 140kg.

Don't have a video to refer to but I saw a small 140lb bouncer (who was obviously a wrestler) end a fight with a big 250 lb dude with just a power double on concrete.

Obviously not at all what you're asking about but when Brock was first getting involved in MMA there was talk of Matt Hughes giving him the Matt Hughes treatment and repeatedly tapping him out in practice.

I forgot the names, but I am sure Alexandr Medved beat some really huge guy with a ridiculous suplex.

method=get&s=chris-taylor-wilfred-dietrich.jpg

When the bigger guys get good then that rarely happens

I forgot the names, but I am sure Alexandr Medved beat some really huge guy with a ridiculous suplex.
I don't think its Medved you're thinking of, but Wilfried Dietrich. Tec87 postred it above.

At 145lbs and 15 years old I was tapping out 30 year old, 200lb purples with judo transitions

At 145lbs and 15 years old I was tapping out 30 year old, 200lb purples with judo transitions

That purple really sucked or was playing nice... you were a small kid, Most grown ass man don’t roll for real with kids... or may be he really really sucked

That purple really sucked or was playing nice... you were a small kid, Most grown ass man don’t roll for real with kids... or may be he really really sucked
haha, probably true.

Back